Rear Calliper question

2014 S Model 4 Wheel Disk, Manual.

Hello all, Im just going through the process of changing out my rear pads and rotors. After I installed everything, I cannot budge the caliper piston back in to allow to fit over the new pads and rotor. I'm using my C-Clamp as I always do, I had no issues when I swapped out the fronts. I'm just wondering if this sure tail that my caliper is seized.
This is the first time changing these rear pads and rotors on this vehicle, its the rear right (same side as the e-brake) I just want to make sure im not missing anything.
Thanks in advance!

2014 S Model 4 Wheel Disk, Manual.

Hello all, Im just going through the process of changing out my rear pads and rotors. After I installed everything, I cannot budge the caliper piston back in to allow to fit over the new pads and rotor. I'm using my C-Clamp as I always do, I had no issues when I swapped out the fronts. I'm just wondering if this sure tail that my caliper is seized.
This is the first time changing these rear pads and rotors on this vehicle, its the rear right (same side as the e-brake) I just want to make sure im not missing anything.
Thanks in advance!
sorry e-brake runs on both sides.

Since these are rear brake calipers with e-brake, you'll probably need a special tool to compress the piston back into place. You can find an universal toolkit on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4AZRVW/ or, you could probably rent it at a tool shop in your city. The piston is placed around a kind of screw and you need to screw it back into place.

I'm surprised because I thought the Corolla S were equipped with the "drum inside disc" kind of e-brake...

Since these are rear brake calipers with e-brake, you'll probably need a special tool to compress the piston back into place. You can find an universal toolkit on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4AZRVW/ or, you could probably rent it at a tool shop in your city. The piston is placed around a kind of screw and you need to screw it back into place.

I'm surprised because I thought the Corolla S were equipped with the "drum inside disc" kind of e-brake...
starting to make sense as I just went to take the other side apart and i cant compress that piston either!
I did my fronts in the fall, no tool was needed though , as they compressed for me with no issues?

Yep, almost every cars with rear disc brakes now use this kind of calipers. The piston slowly unscrew itself while the pad is wearing out. It allow the e-brake to self-adjust. On the front, you don't have to deal with that since it's simply a normal piston and you can easily compress it. When you look inside the rear calipers, does the piston look like this? If you see this kind of cross pattern inside, it will confirm that you need the special tool.

Thanks guys, I had no idea as I just recently changed the rears on my Highlander and did not need the special tool. Luckily I have an awesome neighbour that had the tool and he helped me out. For a moment I thought my caliper was seized.