Rear Disc upgrade

Sam.s

I have a 16 with rear drum , Im curious if its as simple as swapping out the rear hardware from a junk yard S is the abs module set up the same. Im like is it even worth it.

Not sure if it's that simple ( See here ) . Worth it ? Indeed not the only criteria but a fun fact is that C&D once tested a Mazda3 (discs), a Corolla "S" (discs), and a Corolla "LE" (drums). Guess which had the shortestt 70-0... Clue : it didn't have discs !

delrey

Indeed not the only criteria but a fun fact is that C&D once tested a Mazda3 (discs), a Corolla "S" (discs), and a Corolla "LE" (drums). Guess which had the shortestt 70-0... Clue : it didn't have discs !
Distance improvement is not guaranteed but the pedal feel would be an improvement for sure.

I bought a set of 2017 rear calipers from Ebay for $100. They came with the parking brake cable, used pads (like new), mounting brackets, and OEM brake lines. I have been on different Toyota sites comparing the rear drum to disc brake parts, it seems all I need to get next are the rear splash guards and brake discs.

My main reason for pursing this upgrade is for the bling factor. Drum brakes look so ugly when you do away with the hubcaps and put after markets wheels on. I will either be powder coating or painting the calipers and adding the TRD stickers all around BTW.

I bought a set of 2017 rear calipers from Ebay for $100. They came with the parking brake cable, used pads (like new), mounting brackets, and OEM brake lines. I have been on different Toyota sites comparing the rear drum to disc brake parts, it seems all I need to get next are the rear splash guards and brake discs. How’d it go? Do you have pictures? I’m interested in doing the same to my 13.

My main reason for pursing this upgrade is for the bling factor. Drum brakes look so ugly when you do away with the hubcaps and put after markets wheels on. I will either be powder coating or painting the calipers and adding the TRD stickers all around BTW.