Rear wheel well design

I noticed that the rear wheel liners aren't really full and have some weird inserts front and a cavity for dirt to collect behind the wheel, I didn't really make anything out of it and if there is a reason for this design? Well, few days ago it snowed and I noticed that snow/ice accumulates in the wheel well and because of this design on both ends it has no where to go. I had to physically break the ice and remove it from there so it didn't scrub on bumps. Normally on all my other cars it would accumulate at the very front or end and all it took was a small kick for it to fall off, well not here. Has anyone noticed it, and if so what is the plastic deal all about?

Yea I also noticed that a year ago when I first got my rolla. I'm not sure why was it design like that but I don't think it's for aerodynamics. I live in Chicago and so far this winter we haven't had major snow storms so for I don't have to worry about snow n salt sticking in there. Hey klebinek did u get your car rust proof from the dealer?

We just had a snow storm yesterday, I'm from Chicago as well and noticed it just yesterday. You can be sure that there will be more snow if not this year then in the future winters. That's a given living in Chicago. No I don't rust proof my cars, what does the process involve?

Yup u know it. That's chicago weather. This is my first car ever that I purchase from the dealer and threw that on there has a free add on. Well any who when they sprayed that rust proof they did the inner wheel wells So I guess that adds lil bit of protection