Rear Wheel Well

Has anyone noticed that the rear wheel wells don't have any corrosion protection as far as plastic shields or whatever they're called to prevent corrosion, rock chip damage. I do see some rubber compound that was sprayed but it's sloppy, doesn't cover everything and I see exposed metal especially towards the bottom near the plastic air redirector inserts.

Has anyone thought about spraying it with something to cover the painted metal at least? The way I see it it's a matter of time before it'll start getting chipped and salt, water will corrode it.

I bought this product, just waiting for it to warm up to apply:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002NUO5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's an undercoating that seems to be designed for wheel wells, my bro in law used it on his pickup and says it stays on good. Also makes the ride quieter.

I was thinking maybe the spray on bed liner would work also.
Yeah for sure would work. I just got this 3M product because it was recommended to me by someone who's used it in the past with good results. Do you know what I'm talking about though? That spot right at the beginning of wheel well, is yours also unprotected with some rubber compound? I guess that's what you get for buying a car in this class but oh well not a big deal.

After driving it for a day I can definitely tell the extra barrier muffled road noise but definitely when driving on gravel where pebbles get picked up by tires. Most importantly piece of mind that even if winter salt accumulates in there, it won’t corrode. Funny thing I’ve noticed while under the vehicle, there is a whole lot of unutilized space between the gas tank towards the middle of the vehicle. Why didn’t they put a larger tank in there? 5 extra gal would be great but would also make it heavier and negatively effect the gas mileage so there’s my answer. :)

Last edited: