Recommended Oil Change So Short

Recommended oil change by Toyota is every 5000 miles (8000 km).

I was owner of Citroen C3 Diesel 2004 and it's was 15500 miles (25000 km)
... Subaru Impreza 2008 was on 9500 miles (15000 km).

So why it's so short usage for Toyota?

depends on the oil. for the first 3 changes my 2013 is 8000km. after 24000kms it changes to every 16000kms for a change. I think in 2011 they started to come with synthetic oil from the factory, I don't think the 2009 did.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
The Oil maintenance reminder is????

there are two types of Driving conditions, as well periods of storage and use? Only you know your condition?

Options to change:

5K change oil and filter

5k change oil only, at 10Kchange Oil and filter

10 change oil and filter

this is for regular Oil not synthetic which is a longer life oil, less changing. So if you put in synthetic oil does oil changing differ?

I change out again to your driving........

I was an owner of a Mistu Starion ESI every 3K 20-50 reguardless

Ehhhhh ... for me, general rule of thumb is:

3,000 for dino oil
5,000 for synthetic blend
10,000 for full synthetic.

And the filter is the cheapest part and one of the most critical ones. I don't see the idea behind dumping $30 in oil and sparing a $5 oil filter, other than laziness.

Also, never use anything less than what is recommended for your engine, meaning, if full synthetic is recommended, ONLY use full synthetic.

If synthetic blend is recommended, you can use that or full synthetic, but don't use dino oil.

Personally, I always use synthetic.

If you are towing or racing, change it more often (but since this is a Corolla, probably safe sticking with what I posted above).

In my '08 Matrix, I did full synthetic changes every 5,000 miles anyway, and there was 0 sludge in the engine after 75,000 miles of hard driving. You can't change it too much ... but you CAN change it too little, and damage the engine severely.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
On the Toyota 2010 S, I own and in the Owners manual:

Engine Bay , on engine cap first and top oil is SAE05-20, below is SAE0W-20. On Section 6 Oil talk, use SAE05-20 or SAE 0W-20.

Oil the 05 is heavier, the O is lighter, Winter conditions you use the lowest number possible. in extreme conditions, you use the higher number possible.

Motor oil recommendated Toyota brand.

As noted!

2013 Toyota corolla S I own Manual. It is OW-20, and if want to use SAE 05-W20..

As newer grade oils made, 05 was the lightest around. now O is the lightest. I wonder if -5 will be the next????

For schedule changes 10k intervals are noted in the manual. I believe can not locate on a so -so manual.

No where does it state to use only. it states to use "OR" and that is your choice.

Each vehicle manufacturer will offer you their choice of schedules. visit your Toyota dealer and take advantage of their Toyota care pkg.

FISH!

So my problem is I'd really like to "BMOO" (bring my own oil) but I seriously doubt if walked (drove) into the dealer (where i have my handy-dandy Toyota care package with free oil changes) with a few quarts of AmsOil or other synthetic they'd even consider changing the oil with what I brought.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
written in the contract in fine print....You will not get turned down, you will be serviced if you like to pay the labour.

they will not refuse, maybe your region Lol