Replacing Engine

Hey guys I have a 07 rolla. And I blew the motor yes its possible I have a father, father in law and a wife all giving me sh** lol. Now moving on I have a replacement motor and a auto collision repair shop at my disposal. But im doing all the work my self . Im not new to the engine bays of vehicles but ive never done a fwd. Motor swap and looking g for a step by step video, pic, Manuel etc to get me through. Will I need speciality tool etc. Any luck

If you have wheels with a cemter cap, you can remove the front tires, pop off the center cap, then put then back on and get the car on the ground to make getting the wheel nut easier to remove. Otherwise, impact gun. Take off the passenger side halfshaft first, then smack the driver side out with a wooden dowel through the ring gear carrier. Other than that, it is all pretty straight forward (I usually remove the spindles completely just so it is out of the way, others remove the lower ball joint only and pull it away that way).

If you have wheels with a cemter cap, you can remove the front tires, pop off the center cap, then put then back on and get the car on the ground to make getting the wheel nut easier to remove. Otherwise, impact gun. Take off the passenger side halfshaft first, then smack the driver side out with a wooden dowel through the ring gear carrier. Other than that, it is all pretty straight forward (I usually remove the spindles completely just so it is out of the way, others remove the lower ball joint only and pull it away that way).
The motor comes out the top right I dont have to drop the sub frame and go that way

Those engine compartments were roomy so you should be able to get it out the top. You MIGHT have to pull the transmission first ... but I know in my 2008 Matrix it looks like I had plenty of room to pull them attached from the top (and the Corolla has a similar engine compartment).

You'll definitely have to remove the halfshafts first, and it is likely that you'll have to remove the exhaust manifold to get it out through the top.