Replacing Welch Plugs

G'day all. I am new to Corollas - have just taken on my dad's car after he stopped driving due to his age (92). The car is a Sept 2001 model, with 7A-FE 1762cc engine. Runs really well, around 200,000+km.

Mostly very nice, but there is a major problem. One of the Welch plugs (core plugs) in the head, directly under the manifold, is leaking - water peeing out under pressure or dripping out when the engine is off.

So, I figure best to replace all the Welch plugs (or at least as many as I can get to with the engine in the car). I have been quoted around $500 (Australian) for the job, but I'm a bit strapped for cash (and a bit of a cheapskate) so thought I might be able to do it myself.

I'm not a mechanic, but have been playing with British cars for 30+ years (mostly Minis) so at least know enough to get myself into trouble.

So, my questions are, how difficult a job is it likely to be? Are there going to be an special issues putting the injectors back on? (I have only worked with SU carburettors in the past). Is it worth me doing or is AU$500 a good price and should I just go with the pro?

Thanks,
Watto.