Ride quality.... so many negatives discussed in the Edmunds reviews

I guess I mean ride comfort rather than quality.

I was a bit concerned after reading the Edmunds reviews (post-purchase, duh). Today, I did a 200 mile trip with no discomfort or complaints about seats, armrests, headroom, etc.

Since I don't expect to use this fine machine for trips longer than 200 miles in one day, I guess I have nothing to concern me. Maybe there are too many variables to expect that every person will perfectly fit in a vehicle.

ToyBoy

For my 2014 once the seat is angled just right and steering wheel set just right I find the ride quite comfortable . I don`t think I would have any problem going great distance. Great mpg,great reliability, good pricing, good ride(it`s not a sports car). Smart people buy Corollas.

EricW

I spend a lot of time, 3+ hours, behind the wheel of my Corolla every day. The only thing that I really wish it had would be more adjustable seats. I don't know it the XSE model has better seats or not.

Ride comfort is more than OK. Actually, many comments are more about the lack of "sportivity" compared to, say, the Mazda3. I'll keep my Corolla, thank you !

ToyBoy

A lot of reviews concentrate too much on a sporty ride and rate the cars accordingly . I rate the cars as mentioned in my earlier post. Good reliability,good resale, good gas mileage,good room, good looks, comfortable. The Corolla meets all these quite well. Could be why your average driver buys them more than most of the others. Sporty rides are usually more harsher rides too. If I were looking into something more sporty I would look at the Toyota 86.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
As a pass or Driver two different feels.

Comfort for my butt Lol. the driver seat hurts, the pass is fine, guess due to the pressure I place. I can be more relaxed in the pass side Lol but that also is a whole other story, put your feet forward and try to point them north and what do you feel discomfort! SInce the 2016 is not mine I get to drive it ride in it you name it. I can go back to the 2013, 2010 and say this the room is taken away where you were more confined with the older models and a better way of resting your arm. the 2007 it hugged your body, the 2010 It gave you room, and the 2016 you can not touch the sides at all, and the arm rest seats LOWER. how Toyota rolls I guess

I work for Toyota, drove one our 86's the other day. Very fun to drive, but rides just like it should, like a sports car.
Hey Toyota employee, can you get a part number for the wiring harnesses used on a 2014 S, for the mirrors?
I'm trying to add the turn signals to my LE. I bought the lights and will buy the covers soon, but can't find any wiring harnesses or schematics.
Thanks either way!!

My Corolla seats in my 17 SE are just fine. Better than my 13 Avalon Limited seats, and I paid $42k for that car. Although, the seat comfort is not as good as my 16 Yaris SE which was totaled. Those seats weren't fancy, or maneuverable, but they fit me like a damn glove. So doesn't matter the price of the car, seat comfort is VERY subjective from person to person.

Per DK, the harness is typically standard across trim levels. I added factory fog lights from an S to an LE.
All wiring was good to go. It was plug and play. DK added something, I forget what it was, but he had same experience. Have you pulled a door panel to see if the female bulb plug is hanging there, or else it might be integral with the power mirror wires, thus it is unique to the S model as you suspect. I would hope it is plug and play...

Per DK, the harness is typically standard across trim levels. I added factory fog lights from an S to an LE.
All wiring was good to go. It was plug and play. DK added something, I forget what it was, but he had same experience. Have you pulled a door panel to see if the female bulb plug is hanging there, or else it might be integral with the power mirror wires, thus it is unique to the S model as you suspect. I would hope it is plug and play...
I've opened the mirror but didn't see an unused connector. I might have to hit a local junkyard and find some S mirrors.
I think the wiring is probably there too.