rod knock after putting in new rod bearings

bigken

I need help idk if my 2005 Toyota Corolla is it supposed to knock after putting in new rod bearings in and can someone please help me figure this out and thanks

I need help idk if my 2005 Toyota Corolla is it supposed to knock after putting in new rod bearings in and can someone please help me figure this out and thanks
No its not supposed to knock. did you put the right size over size bearings in it ? If you use a stethoscope or something similar and listen to witch cylinder is knocking and then take it apart and see what size bearing it needs. They dont all wear the same.

bigken

No its not supposed to knock. did you put the right size over size bearings in it ? If you use a stethoscope or something similar and listen to witch cylinder is knocking and then take it apart and see what size bearing it needs. They dont all wear the same.
We put brand new rod bearings in it

We put brand new rod bearings in it
The part the bearing attache to can wear down a little. you should measure those and install a over size bearing if needed. Also check tightness. Have you ever installed bearings before ? It can be tricky you have to measure the crank for wear especially if you changing them because one was knocking.