S Plus Uncomfortable Seat

i have a 2015 s and I use to love my seat. But it began to come unstitched. so the dealership was having it fixed. After the first fix, a few months later it was unstitching again. So when they attempted to fix it the second time, they were unable to. They told me the cushion portion of the seat had broken down. They told me i had to wait a few months to get my seat replaced, because they were re-designing the cushion? Anyway, when they finally replaced the seat with the new designed cushion, I discovered my seat was not as comfortable as it was when I bought it. I really liked my seats. I drive 45 miles one way to work 5 days a week. Comfort is a biggie for me. The passenger seat is still very comfortable.

Interesting reading about seating issues. On my 2009 Corolla S I've driven it on very long road trips and logged 16 hours in a day. Last fall I drove from Washington State to Nova Scotia, Canada and back logging 9600 miles in 2 weeks. My seat neve caused me problems and I'm 6'2" tall and 250 lbs. I haven't had the chance to take my 2017 iM on a longer trip but driving it the 130 miles back home from the dealer I found the seats to be amazing and even more comfortable then my 09 Corolla S. I was shocked to say the least. I'm hoping to take it down to New Mexico in a couple of months.

Hello, I just got a new 2015 S Plus last week, I love this car but, after driving a few miles my back cramps up and hurts. Lower back and up about 4 inches, not good, it is making my new car experience a real pain. Have any others experienced this problem? I also have a 2013 Prius and the seats in it fit me great. I am hoping my back will adjust to these seats or they will adjust to me. I am 6 ft 2 and weigh 215. I am not small but not a huge guy either. I am trying a small blanket folded up to make it a little softer and raise me up the where the lumber actually fits me. As stock it feels like I my tail in in a hole, slopes to bottom rear. I hope someone has some input that has experienced this issue too?
I have the same problem with my 2014 Toyota Corolla - after 10-15 minutes driving I have terrible back pain that leads to sciatica. I have never had this problem in other cars.

I went to their website and tried to find this, without any luck. Their website is a mess, unless I'm at the wrong site. Would you happen to have a link? Would this allow the drivers seat to extend further back from its current travel limit? Thanks.
You can look up Extend My Seat dot com as they make custom brackets that give you up to an additional 4" of leg room. I have them on my 2009 Corolla S and I love them. Worth every penny. I'm 6'2" and 260 lbs and the extra leg room is fantastic.

Wow I never knew you could extend the seat brackets. I'm 6'1" 220lbs and I always felt my driving position would be perfect if the seat went back a little further. My legs tend to cramp whenever I'm stuck in traffic.

See if you can find prius seats in a junk yard, I'm sure with a bit of work they might fit, even if it's changing seat rails and figuring out wire harness... I've owned a 14 S and 17 XSE... I had a 12 gmc terrain and they had lumbar support in them that was real nice... I find if I'm not upright enough and my head is leaning to far forward then my lower back hurts... Stop at a truck stop, they sell lumbar support pads... I think my 12 focus had air bladder for lumbar support.... It can be a pain in the ass when seats are uncomfortable...

Wow I never knew you could extend the seat brackets. I'm 6'1" 220lbs and I always felt my driving position would be perfect if the seat went back a little further. My legs tend to cramp whenever I'm stuck in traffic.
They work great. Here are some pics from when I installed them on my 09 Corolla S.

This is the seat all the way back before the install.

Here is the difference with the extenders installed. Look at the maximum difference! I only use an extra 1.5" but it makes a huge difference. During long road trips I'll set the cruise control and slide it all the way back. It's amazing!

I'm 5'7" 173 not too bad for me either I just hate the back seats wish they made a coupe!
A coupe has back seats in it as well. But I don't find an issue with the comfort of my 2013 s. I do wish the adjustment for and aft was more like .5 inch of different. On one setting I'm just a tad to close and my legs are cramped and on the other it is just a tad to far and I am stretching my clutch leg to long. I'm 5'11". I feel if I got pedal covers and used just the one on the clutch it would solve my problem but I don't want to spend the money so I just deal with it.

Last edited: