SE 2020 Paint chip

Hello, I'm new member and owner of a new 2020 Corolla SE Upgrade. Just have a question regarding paint chip. Have you experience any paint chip (2mm size)? I had 2 incidents already. I know for a fact that I wasn't hit by a stone or anything. I make sure I park all the way at the back far from the crowd so no chance of door dings. Drive it to city streets not on highways where flying stones are imminent. I will post a picture later if that helps. Thanks guys! One more thing, is this covered by warranty? I think it's a manufacturer defect, paint coming off by itself.

Hey Arnold. Sorry about your paint chips :/

I have < 300 miles on my 2020 SE, and I haven't noticed anything yet. I plan on giving it a wash/wax sometime this week, so I'll get a better idea then.

What color is your paint? I know that sometimes different paints have different issues. Sometimes there's even a recall for specific paint colors. Short of a recall, I can't imagine that it's going to be covered by warranty. I think Toyota and your dealer will just tell you that the chips must have come from road debris.

Are the chips in the hood? The dealer offers the "paint protection package" which includes the clear poly cover over the lower part of the hood for just this reason. If that's where your chips are, maybe you could come to an agreement that they'll repair the chips if you pony up to get the poly installed?

I have a barcelona red color. I didn't get the paint protection package knowing I'm not using it in the highway and I never notice that I was hit by a small stone or something. I'm very careful in driving. I have one in the hood and rear door panel. Is that how soft paint nowadays? I had my Chevy Orlando for 7 years and never had any paint chip. Dents yes from door dings but not chip from debris even if I had multiple incidents. The paint is pretty tough. This is one flaw of Corolla 2020 so be very careful with your paint. I went yesterday and yes they told me that it was from a small stone and was advised to just a touch up pen, not covered by warranty. I think I would go HONDA or MAZDA next time, never heard from a friend or any forum about paint issue.

The paint chips are frustrating on a new car, no doubt. But also a fact of life on a lot of cars. I'm not sure if it's a result of new environmentally-friendly paint formulations or what, but I don't think other manufacturers are immune to paint issues. I was on the fence between a new Corolla and a new Civic, and I read plenty of anecdotes from Civic users about paint problems.