service and warrantee

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
Moving up on 25K miles. I think it is recommended to get the oil changed every 10K.

But was told to bring it in for a 25K "check up", they check the fluids and rotate the tires. I get my tires rotated at Discount Tire for free.

My question is, if I do not get the 25K "service" done and just wait until the 30K oil change, will it void my warrantee? I bought it new.

Also, anyone know what the typical 25K service costs? Can't remember what they quoted but seemed expensive to check the fluids and rotate the tires.

Thanks in advance.

The dealership will always be more expensive. I am in the same boat as you. I have 20.5K miles on my car and I have to bring it in for its "check-up". After that on 30K then you do the oil change etc. BUT it will NOT be free. I have a garage so I plan to do my own oil changes and tire rotations...dealership services are expensive.

HanSolo

My dealer offers free oil changes for life which will help after the 25k Toyota Care ends. Good thing considering the Corolla requires fully synthetic oil.

My dealer offers free oil changes for life which will help after the 25k Toyota Care ends. Good thing considering the Corolla requires fully synthetic oil.
Thats good...but my dealership...not so much. None of the dealerships around my area offer that option. I have a connect that can get me Amsoil oil for cheap so...thats a plus!

HanSolo

You got good taste. I have huge respect for Amsoil but keep in mind that their top end oils may not be API or SAE certified as may be needed to avoid molesting your warranty. The debate with many of these premium synthetics on the market boils down to how much of certain additives are being used. My knowledge is going to be likely outdated, but I remember Amsoil's top of the line signature series used to have a problem because it used too much of certain additives that could potentially foul emissions control systems. Doesn't mean I won't use it, but it is something to keep in mind. I will usually use either Redline, Amsoil, or Mobil 1 extended performance as all 3 of those premium synthetics perform extremely well. I also hear that this new Pennzoil Platinum that recently came out is also good.

Here around me, this free oil changes for life is something that is proprietary to dealers that are run by the Kenwood Dealer Group. They have a reputation for being an easy place to shop for cars without some shark trying to put high pressure tactics on you.

You got good taste. I have huge respect for Amsoil but keep in mind that their top end oils may not be API or SAE certified as may be needed to avoid molesting your warranty. The debate with many of these premium synthetics on the market boils down to how much of certain additives are being used. My knowledge is going to be likely outdated, but I remember Amsoil's top of the line signature series used to have a problem because it used too much of certain additives that could potentially foul emissions control systems. Doesn't mean I won't use it, but it is something to keep in mind. I will usually use either Redline, Amsoil, or Mobil 1 extended performance as all 3 of those premium synthetics perform extremely well. I also hear that this new Pennzoil Platinum that recently came out is also good.

Here around me, this free oil changes for life is something that is proprietary to dealers that are run by the Kenwood Dealer Group. They have a reputation for being an easy place to shop for cars without some shark trying to put high pressure tactics on you.
Yeah! I was actually looking into getting the Signature Serious because it can be used up to 25K miles! That would be awesomeeeeee

HanSolo

I would never run an oil that long. Tests have shown that the viscosity goes way out of spec with the longer drain intervals, and also you are continuing to accumulate contaminants in the oil over time. The filter is only capable of filtering particles down to a certain size. The last test I saw using a Ford Duratec 3.0 litre found that by 15000 or so miles, the Amsoil 5w30 was acting like a 10w40. By 25k miles, it was acting like a 15w40.