Should I Purchase A 2004 Corolla With 146K?

I am looking at purchasing a 2004 single owner corolla S sedan with 146K. The car fax indicates very timely regular maintenance (at the dealer who is selling the car) over the life of the car. Serpentine belt was replaced at 130k. No accidents. Appears to have been a conscientious owner who may have simply traded in for a newer Toyota. Consumer reports rates this vehicle's reliability history VERY HIGHLY. They are asking $7990 and KBB says excellent condition is at approx. 7400.

What should I be possibly concerned about in terms of repair costs for this vehicle with its current mileage? Do you think it is quite likely good for another 50K or so without significant maintenance costs? Thanks!

That would my opinion - but I wouldn't pay that much

That would my opinion - a nice reliable car. But I wouldn't pay that much

PHM
-----------

I am looking at purchasing a 2004 single owner corolla S sedan with 146K. The car fax indicates very timely regular maintenance (at the dealer who is selling the car) over the life of the car. Serpentine belt was replaced at 130k. No accidents. Appears to have been a conscientious owner who may have simply traded in for a newer Toyota. Consumer reports rates this vehicle's reliability history VERY HIGHLY. They are asking $7990 and KBB says excellent condition is at approx. 7400.

What should I be possibly concerned about in terms of repair costs for this vehicle with its current mileage? Do you think it is quite likely good for another 50K or so without significant maintenance costs? Thanks!

The market in quality used cars is crazy. If you cannot get the dealer to budge on price, see about some freebies they can afford - lifetime oil changes, or as many as you can get. bottom line, if you don't buy it, someone else will. As long as you can afford it, it sounds like a rare gem, good model with a good history. You will get 100000 or 150000 more miles with minimal maintenance. Get your own financing, and go for it is my advice.

Welcome to the forum, and let us know what you decide.

If you have time, you can try Autotrader, but the good ones like this go within 24 hours of posting.