snow tire / rim question?

Hi all,
I have a 2015 S, 17 inch rims. I have 16 inch snows from a prev car. can I get 16 inch rims and use them on my S? Or will I mess up the speedo and anythnig else?

Matt

I would advise against it. Is the bolt pattern the same? Are the tires load rating the same or better than the stock tires? What are width and aspect ratio of the tires? If the overall circumference of the wheel and tire are different, yes you will mess up the speedometer and the odometer. Its also possible you might run into fitment issues with the brakes. I'm sure there are other factors as well that more knowledgeable people can comment on.

i believe all the 15-17 rims with 5 bolt 100 mm spacing will work.the tire pressure mintor light will stay lit unless the rims are programmed to the sensor.it will give the speedo an inaccurate reading but nothing will get damaged.i think my speedo would be more accurate with 16inch rims because with the 17 the speedo and two gps reading while in motion arent off.the gps are the same,the speedo is less

Well, stock wheels are 16 steel with covers (at least here in Canada they are) the upgrade gets the 17 and rear disk brakes. As far as fitment it should be ok the only thing I can think of is to check rear disk clearance as the stock S vehicle has drum brakes. Now if there are no clearance problems what needs to be done is make sure the 16 tire and rim combo is as close to the circumference to the 17 tire and rim combo so the odometer is the least affected. Being that your 16 snows are from a previous vehicle I suspect the circumference will not likely be close but I could be wrong.