So, when should I expect to have to do a brake job on my 2014?

I heard somewhere that on average, 60k. But it all depends on how you drive. You'll know when it's time. There are wear indicators that might work and just general feel when you brake.

You might well have a lot of life in them yet since you do a lot of highway driving. Stick shifts tend to be easier on the brakes too. I've had Honda and Toyota vehicles go close to 200k miles on original brakes. As someone mentioned above, I had a Tercel where the rotors went bad before the actual pads. Toyota does use a very hard and durable material for the brakes.

You might well have a lot of life in them yet since you do a lot of highway driving. Stick shifts tend to be easier on the brakes too. I've had Honda and Toyota vehicles go close to 200k miles on original brakes. As someone mentioned above, I had a Tercel where the rotors went bad before the actual pads. Toyota does use a very hard and durable material for the brakes.
Wow, I didn't know that couldn't happen.

yeap this is possible, reaching 100K miles or 160K kms. but not normal for city drivers. :) when i reached 45K kms, i machined the front rotors and service the brakes. at 90K, replaced the front rotors then machine the rear rotors, then 110K replaced rear brake pads and machine rotors. at 145 - 160K kms, will replace the rear rotors, vehicle is at 143K kms now. but if the licensed technician said, it is still ok. well, follow him, they usually advise customer an option to replace all of them if they want to since it is already reached 160K kms (my opinion, they already served the purpose) :) it's always up to you.