Sound familiar?

Here's a link to the sound.

The car makes a strange rubbing noise when slowing down the car. Not while driving. Only slowing down to a light or breaking lightly.

Some say it's a warped rotor or rubbing calipers.

I'll take it to a shop eventually. I just want to know if anyone else has found a resolution to this noise.

I hate it when that happens! LOL! I'm surprised the shop didn't do further inspection on the cause of the noise. As you mentioned, they should have checked your calipers and rotors when they checked the brakes. Something tells me ignoring it may lead you to more expensive repair or safety risk.

If you can't feel pulsating in the steering wheel, particularly when hard braking from high speed, the rotors are not warped (at least, not enough to have them replaced).
Since you experience the noise only at slow speed, take a look at the brake pads' wear. The caliper may not be freely sliding on its mounting pins - this would be evidenced by uneven wear on one brake pad compared to the other. If so, the pins should be removed and re-lubricated with caliper high-temp grease.
If this was the case, the reason you didn't hear anything under hard breaking was that the caliper was forced to move under higher hydraulic pressure and the pads engaged the rotor more tightly than under light braking.
Let us know what you find-

Thanks you guys, the shop did check the calipers and rotors and they said everything looked fine. Didn't tell me the calipers were worn a lot either. I will do a brake change soon, just need to get the funds together

Turns out the noise isn't from the brakes.

I think it was uneven tire wear. The shop that fixed the damaged side of my car must have just stuck one new tire on.

I got new rims and tires and on the way home I didn't hear the awful sound once

I have a 2009 corolla,I am having a Loud cold start rattling sound for few second every time that I start the engine it comes from the bottom of valve cover in front of engine. 125000 miles on the engine, can some one tell me what is the procedure to fix that