Spark Plugs??

Closing in on 120K soon and wanted to see if anyone changed their spark plugs already yet and see what the OEM ones are so I know what to buy??

With my 2010 Corolla, I changed plugs every 80K. Car easily made it to almost 250K before it was wrecked. That car called for iridium plugs, which were sometimes hard to find. I used Bosch Double Platinum plugs and never had a minutes trouble.

ToyBoy

javascript:;
I used the stock Denso Iridium plugs bought off Ebay for about $18 for a set of 4. These were the exact same plugs I pulled out . I changed early at 50k miles , but the job is very easy and if you shop right you can get them cheap.

When replacing your plugs , Unless you have a turbo or your heads are shaved go with the Original Equipment . That is easy to find in your hand book or sometimes under the hood will have the correct spark plug for your Corolla .

These cars need Iridium , I would either go with Denso or NGK , Usually the NGK burns hotter then the OEM Denso but either is fine . Don't let the parts store sell you another name brand . These plugs can be expensive but if you add up 120k and how many years you went without purchasing plugs it all adds up . Always check for cracks before installing and use Anti Seize on the threads and Dielectric grease for the tip of the plug where the wire connects this way from there on out it is easy to get on and off .

Some Corollas do come with a double tip and they have to use the double tip plugs so make sure you purchase the correct OEM plug - Good Luck

Sam.s

I went to O'rielly's to look and see if they listed plugs for the newer corolla's , they show autolite and champion iridiums , but their computer doesn't reference a NGK but the guy was able to cross the champion number to the Ngk plug for the car. $12 a plug I would go with NGK .