Spongey brakes

So I have a 2010 corolla s with extremely spongey brakes. I press almost all the way to the floor before I actually get any braking power. So I decided to bleed the lines and I did it properly with a helper, made sure there was fluid in the reservoir, started from the farthest point away and after all of the lines were bled they feel the same. I figured as much because not much air was coming out of the lines. So my question is, is this is a master cylinder problem? Do I need to remove the cylinder and bleed that? Or is this something else?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
knowing you did it right and all. Do you think the 2nd person did not push correctly? And did you have the car in the Off state than On. I find that the 2nd person sometimes delays that push and we open while they missed the command so I use a stick jammed on the seat, knowing its ready to go then a slip.

Any leans sign of leaks on the rear, drums, and calipers on the front?

I have a 2013 corolla LE and it takes my foot to hit about half way travel before the brakes start working. My wives 2012 rav4 is the same way. I did jam on them once to check and see if they would stop on a dime out of curiosity and it sure did. Kinda surprised me since the normal/easy braking seems sorry too me. I check my booster vacuum hose and it seems just fine.

I have a similar problem, and with the engine off it's rock solid. Engine on extremely spongy, almost to floor.

If I shut off engine and keep brake engaged for 30 seconds then release the brake pedal it repressures and becomes rock solid with a few pumps.

Help!!