Squeak when shifting 2014 Corolla S

Is there a reason why it does it and can it be fix? Everytime i put it on reverse or drive when shifting it makes this loud squeak sound it started happening about 2 months ago, im due for service in about a month can this be fix?

shah23

I seem to have this problem as well. I complained to the dealership I bought it from. They didn't acknowledge the sound even during a long thorough test drive. Took it to another dealership and they were like "yeah bud that's not normal" and took my car in for a thorough inspection. Weren't able to narrow the sound in the 3 hours I waited. Was told to bring it back. Haven't had a chance to go back to them. Anytime you switch from drive to reverse or even put it in neutral, it makes this loud hissing squeak sound. It also seems to be less noticeable with the A/C off. If you figure out what it is, please let me know as I'm due for my 10,000 mile service soon as well.

i took mine into the dealer as well.....for the SAME exact noise... they told me its a noise it makes when oil is filling compartments in the tranny when switching gears....i call major Bullshit because the sound is very loud and sometimes when i start up the car it grinds.....just take it it as soon as possible so its on the record.

shah23

i took mine into the dealer as well.....for the SAME exact noise... they told me its a noise it makes when oil is filling compartments in the tranny when switching gears....i call major Bullshit because the sound is very loud and sometimes when i start up the car it grinds.....just take it it as soon as possible so its on the record.
Wow you know what they told me? "Well Mr. Shah we went ahead and compared your car to 3 other Corollas here and they all seem to be making the same sound.." and stared at me like I'm an idiot. Later that week my uncle from Philly came over. He also has a new Corolla. I got in his car and played around. No noise at all whatsoever! I have 2 records so far on file and I have both copies of the receipt about this issue.

How many miles have you put in your car so far? Im at 19187 i say it started happening at about 17000. I mean there is no way you can't hear it i just hope they dont give me some bs i know is not normal.

Wow you know what they told me? "Well Mr. Shah we went ahead and compared your car to 3 other Corollas here and they all seem to be making the same sound.." and stared at me like I'm an idiot. Later that week my uncle from Philly came over. He also has a new Corolla. I got in his car and played around. No noise at all whatsoever! I have 2 records so far on file and I have both copies of the receipt about this issue.
So they haven't fixed it yet? Have you tried calling Toyota?

shah23

So they haven't fixed it yet? Have you tried calling Toyota?
Nope. If anything it seems a bit louder than when I originally complained. I haven't had a chance to call them. I am trying to go this Thursday to hopefully get my 10,000 mile service done. The dealer in MD is the one who wouldn't acknowledge the sound. I'm going back to the one in York, PA for my service. Far nicer and noticed the sound right away and said how if they can narrow where the sound is coming from, that it should be fixed under my warranty.

How many miles have you put in your car so far? Im at 19187 i say it started happening at about 17000. I mean there is no way you can't hear it i just hope they dont give me some bs i know is not normal.

noise has been around since i can remember, I'm at 21k right now

Yeah me too! I'm at about 24K, it makes the same squeak but it's so slight and not that loud that I don't even let it bother me honestly. I think you guys are going a little over board in my opinion. But take your car in if it makes you sleep better at night. Just sometimes with those they fix 1 thing and then something else goes wrong. Just a thought.

Yeah me too! I'm at about 24K, it makes the same squeak but it's so slight and not that loud that I don't even let it bother me honestly. I think you guys are going a little over board in my opinion. But take your car in if it makes you sleep better at night. Just sometimes with those they fix 1 thing and then something else goes wrong. Just a thought.
But i think is better to look at it now than later on is only gonna get worst from what i been reading.