Stereo system locking up!!

Have a new 2017 Camry XSE and the stereo will just freeze up intermintently while driving. It brings up a Caution warning about not watching the screen and driving. Thought it was from using the Nav system while driving but it now does it without touching the Nav. The radio still plays but you cannot adjust the volume or even shut it off! The caution screen keeps coming on.
After about 10-15 mins it goes back to normal operation! Help!!

Disconnect the negative on your battery and wait a few minutes to reconnect. Might force the radio to hard reset.
I can’t believe how many problems there are with Toyota’s radio these days. Not limited to Corolla’s.

Please report back if this works (why just the negative? I replaced the whole battery hoping it would help which it did not so I'll try just the negative next).

If this doesn't work for you, please file a complaint with NHTSA on their "file a vehicle safety complaint" page since so many of us have this same issue but they won't issue a recall unless they know more cars are affected! And it is a safety issue as it keeps freezing and/or cycling through which is distracting enough let alone not being able to hear emergency alerts on the roads with radio stations posted because the radio doesn't work!

Please report back if this works (why just the negative? I replaced the whole battery hoping it would help which it did not so I'll try just the negative next).

If this doesn't work for you, please file a complaint with NHTSA on their "file a vehicle safety complaint" page since so many of us have this same issue but they won't issue a recall unless they know more cars are affected! And it is a safety issue as it keeps freezing and/or cycling through which is distracting enough let alone not being able to hear emergency alerts on the roads with radio stations posted because the radio doesn't work!
For safety.
There are normally two positives serving the radio. One is switched, the other is constant for memory. Both are fused and by disconnecting the negative first, you won’t blow any fuses.