Stinky A/C remedy

Dirk

Anyone ever try a can of lysol through the intake to kill the mold/bacteria growth?

My A/C stinks when i first turn it on.

Scotty does not mention removing the Cabin air filter. Anyone ever try this, with or without the cabin filter?

So, I have a 2015 and noticed this, too. It smelled like moldy illness after I used the air conditioning and jumped back in the car and flipped on the AC again.

I started to turn off the AC about 30 seconds prior to turning off the fan before exiting the car... I notice how much moisture was blowing out of the vents... Since I started doing this, the moldy illness smell has decreased significantly.

Dirk

So, I have a 2015 and noticed this, too. It smelled like moldy illness after I used the air conditioning and jumped back in the car and flipped on the AC again.

I started to turn off the AC about 30 seconds prior to turning off the fan before exiting the car... I notice how much moisture was blowing out of the vents... Since I started doing this, the moldy illness smell has decreased significantly.
So i put the disinfectant through the intake and it worked like a dream. No more stink. And I'm gonna try what you are doing to prevent it from returning...30 seconds before turning it off, switch to fan.

I have done the Lysol thing before. It helps. I also turn the AC off before I turn the car off and it helps. I will usually turn AC off when I am a bock or half block from getting home so it has time to blow out the moisture.

I had a similar situation. When was turned on the air conditioner, a strange smell appeared, especially in winter. At a high temperature, the smell became even more terrible. I felt a sharp smell of mold. I think the problem is in the fan shaft. There may be food there. I have small children. Maybe they could put something in there. I didn't find an answer to my problem. Therefore, I contacted the service center that installed an air conditioner for me in Singapore socool.sg. They immediately said what the reason was. Solved the problem was only after using Lysol.
:rolleyes: