STUCK IN PARK

I have a !!2011 TOYOTA COROLLA!!(automatic). The car is stuck in park and won't engage to any other gear. You can pull on the shifter as hard as you can and it won't move out of park. Using the shift lock override button doesn't work either. I checked all my fuses and none are blown. My cable linkage is also okay where it connects to the transmission. Is there anything else I should check? Do you think the shift assembly is bad and should be replaced or do you believe it's a transmission problem? Iv never felt my car flutter or slip gear. It has 95k miles..

If this were me, I would check one 3 things. I would disconnect the shifter from linkage and see if stays locked in park. If so I'd take the shifter apart and repair it . If shifter works fine when removed, I would try and shift it manually by pulling on linkage( in this case it is a cable).... If cable does not shift the transmission, I'd disconnect from transmission. if cable is still stuck, its the cable. Lastly If cable is good, I'd try to shift at transmission.
Hope that points you in the right direction.

I know this is an old post but I came across it when I my 2010 corolla was stuck in park and I was looking for answers. So I wanted to share what was wrong in my case since I have not come across this before. I have a 2010 corolla 1.8L with the 4-spd auto. I came back from lunch and it drove fine. Put it in park and shut off the car. When I tried to leave 4 hours later the car started right up but I could not get it out of park. It was not the shift lock feature. After disconnecting the shifter cable from the front of the trans I found that the shift select lever that rotated on the front of the trans was also immovable. After pulling the pan and valve body it turned out being a damaged and stuck manual valve. I ended up buying a junk yard trans but just taking out and swapping the valve body. It worked great and solved my problem.

I know this is an old post but I came across it when I my 2010 corolla was stuck in park and I was looking for answers. So I wanted to share what was wrong in my case since I have not come across this before. I have a 2010 corolla 1.8L with the 4-spd auto. I came back from lunch and it drove fine. Put it in park and shut off the car. When I tried to leave 4 hours later the car started right up but I could not get it out of park. It was not the shift lock feature. After disconnecting the shifter cable from the front of the trans I found that the shift select lever that rotated on the front of the trans was also immovable. After pulling the pan and valve body it turned out being a damaged and stuck manual valve. I ended up buying a junk yard trans but just taking out and swapping the valve body. It worked great and solved my problem.
This just happened to us yesterday. A new one (Valve Body) cost up to $700.00