Study Says: For Cleaner Air, Set Your Vents to "Recirculate"

Syco

Interesting. I usually put recirculate on when a super old car or diesel truck is in front of me but I guess I should be doing It a lot more.

So if your car is full 'o people, and you have Recirculate on, then at some point you'll all Pass Out from carbon monoxide poisoning, breathing in each other's exhaust fumes, and your Rolla will happily find itself going off-road or worse yet, into on-coming traffic, and then your Rolla will be trashed and everyone will die a horrible and untimely Death ...all because you decided to use recirculate. If you happen to somehow survive the accident, extended family members of the people that were in your car will then sue you and have you charged for manslaughter, and you will end up broke and in jail, or some institution.

Outside air is where it's at people. Outside air.

No thanks. I'll just use outside fresh air, unless like Syco said, there's a diesel truck in front of me, or maybe driving by a dead skunk re something.
Oh, and let's not forget winter driving and your windows fog up 'cause you're using recirculate. Na-uhh. Ya may as we'll be drivin' around with a plastic shopping bag over yer head. Hello?

Pffff ! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
As the article states, outside air is full of pollutants, contaminants and allergens.

Vehicles are not air tight and you will not find a case anywhere that resulted in a crash due to the vehicle having the recirculate button on. :thumbsup:

As the article states, outside air is full of pollutants, contaminants and allergens.

Vehicles are not air tight and you will not find a case anywhere that resulted in a crash due to the vehicle having the recirculate button on. :thumbsup:
Thanks Scott ....I was mostly joking with my over-the-top comments about the recirculate setting :)

I propose the entire planet drives with their windows down and AC on recirculate. That way, we would filter the air for the entire world! :laughing: