Suspension mods 14 Corolla S

So I have put a ton of miles on my Corolla the past two years, and it has began to get extremely boring to drive now. I am thinking of doing something to the suspension but I dont know what I want to do yet. I dont want to make it worse when driving for a longer period of time but it definitely needs to be changed some how. What are some suggestions?

-BOGEY-

A "ton" of miles and becoming "boring" to drive. First ask yourself, do you want to continue in a Corolla, or have you outgrown it? If you are looking to make your car "fun" to drive also think about what it is you like. Are you sure its suspension upgrades you need or do you want to give your car a sporty exhaust note? Install a stereo system? You have to make your boring car fun for you again. If you are solely looking for chasis/suspension upgrades, the above comments have covered most everything of what is available. Good luck!

Thanks for all the fast responses. Yeah I have already installed a sub, speakers, and Im not interested in the way it sounds. I am keeping this car as it suits my job very well as i travel a lot for work. So you all are saying i should start with the braces and sway bars first? If so should I go with TRD?

-BOGEY-

Thanks for all the fast responses. Yeah I have already installed a sub, speakers, and Im not interested in the way it sounds. I am keeping this car as it suits my job very well as i travel a lot for work. So you all are saying i should start with the braces and sway bars first? If so should I go with TRD?
They are a top choice (TRD) but not the only one. Many of us have the TRD front strut bar/rear sway bar...Ultra Racing is also a top choice for other components, Such as the rear strut brace and others. Check out their websight. Megan is a quality third. Pricing between TRD and UR are competitive I have found. And quality also. Don't hesitate to either one. :)

They are a top choice (TRD) but not the only one. Many of us have the TRD front strut bar/rear sway bar...Ultra Racing is also a top choice for other components, Such as the rear strut brace and others. Check out their websight. Megan is a quality third. Pricing between TRD and UR are competitive I have found. And quality also. Don't hesitate to either one. :)
Get the TRD bars, sadly they only make the two. Megan Racing has an H brace that's very well built. As for UR...
I have the rear strut tower brace and the rear sway bar, so don't get me wrong, what I've come to notice is there is a serious lack in quality with UR parts. The metal they use is very soft.
If I were just getting started, I would do the TRD bars, TRD lowering springs and Megan H brace. That should make those on/off ramps much more enjoyable!

AJN

Have a 2015 Corolla S and I've added the TRD Sway Bar, Megan Brace and upper front Strut Brace and this car drives amazing. It want the curves, and moving in and out of traffic is amazing. I don't know that I need more braces, but may eventually lower it with Eibach Springs. want it to run the warranty out first. 1 year or 12,000 miles to go.

Have a 2015 Corolla S and I've added the TRD Sway Bar, Megan Brace and upper front Strut Brace and this car drives amazing. It want the curves, and moving in and out of traffic is amazing. I don't know that I need more braces, but may eventually lower it with Eibach Springs. want it to run the warranty out first. 1 year or 12,000 miles to go.
I'm about to install the TRD springs. Supposed to be here tomorrow! Toyota now offers this modification when a new Corolla is purchased, also the two TRD bars, so you might not have an issue with warranty. I would definitely ask the stealership though.
I still have 6 months left on my warranty, so I'm not that concerned. Sucks cause I only have 9k on the car.

Why is Toyota so afraid to offer a descent lasting warranty on their cars? Hyundai has a better warranty...smh...(threadjack)

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Why is Toyota so afraid to offer a descent lasting warranty on their cars? Hyundai has a better warranty...smh...(threadjack)
Because on a Hyundai, you'll need to use that warranty a lot unlike on a Toyota where the basic warranty won't need to be used at all. Look at it like this, if you've made a good product, why would you need to advertise a big warranty along with it?

So I've been looking for the TRD sway bars and read in the forum's that there isn't one designed for the 11th gen Corolla correct? I would have to use the ones for the last gen?

So I've been looking for the TRD sway bars and read in the forum's that there isn't one designed for the 11th gen Corolla correct? I would have to use the ones for the last gen?
Same sway bar for both generations. TRD has updated their instructions to now read 2009 - _____.

Most advertisement are now reflecting this part number thru the 2016 model. Not everyone has updated their sales page to reflect this. Part number is the same

How much of a difference will this make for highway driving? I've read it will make it worse but not too sure?
It's going to help by giving you better steering response and balance out some of the body roll. It should ride a little flatter around the exit ramps and you should be able to take them faster as well.

Get the TRD bars, sadly they only make the two. Megan Racing has an H brace that's very well built. As for UR...
I have the rear strut tower brace and the rear sway bar, so don't get me wrong, what I've come to notice is there is a serious lack in quality with UR parts. The metal they use is very soft.
If I were just getting started, I would do the TRD bars, TRD lowering springs and Megan H brace. That should make those on/off ramps much more enjoyable!
pardon my ignorance, this is my first car. that being said. my car is 2016, should i get the megan h brace now? do i need 2 of those? the website says that some ground clearence will be compromissed so that meeans the car will drop less than 2" if i intalled the braces?tnx

You only need 1 H-brace. They say you lose clearance due to the thickness of the material in the brace. The clearance is lost only in the area where the brace is mounted, which is about even with the center of the front wheels.

its stiffening the chassis...to reduce flex/body roll...your suspension is unaffected unless you have altered the ride height/shocks/struts...in which case, yes, stiffening substitutes performance for some comfort

I just want to say thank you for this! I've been looking for some better suspension parts. I love the idea of the TRD components, but they all come in red. :( Megan Racing appears to have everything I need in blue, which is exactly what I want! :D One question though, just to confirm, will parts designated for the 2008-2013 models still work on the 2014+ models?

I just want to say thank you for this! I've been looking for some better suspension parts. I love the idea of the TRD components, but they all come in red. :( Megan Racing appears to have everything I need in blue, which is exactly what I want! :D One question though, just to confirm, will parts designated for the 2008-2013 models still work on the 2014+ models?
A lot of the parts will fit both generations, but do your due diligence.
I have some that say they will fit, and don't. All of which are by Ultra Racing.
Sorry BOGEY but I have to disagree with you on Megan vs. Ultra.
I have the Megan H brace and it is top quality! Sturdy solid welds, thick gauge steel, just a very well built product!
I also have some parts by Ultra Racing. The hype is there but not the quality I would expect from a company this well known. True they make some items that seem to be exclusive such as the rear strut tower brace but they use thin metal tubing and crappy welds.
Wether or not they do their job is a different question.
However, I still noticed a stiffer ride once I installed their products.

A lot of the parts will fit both generations, but do your due diligence.
I have some that say they will fit, and don't. All of which are by Ultra Racing.
Sorry BOGEY but I have to disagree with you on Megan vs. Ultra.
I have the Megan H brace and it is top quality! Sturdy solid welds, thick gauge steel, just a very well built product!
I also have some parts by Ultra Racing. The hype is there but not the quality I would expect from a company this well known. True they make some items that seem to be exclusive such as the rear strut tower brace but they use thin metal tubing and crappy welds.
Wether or not they do their job is a different question.
However, I still noticed a stiffer ride once I installed their products.
I hear ya there C.D. I always research parts before I get them. I tend to look at the customer/owner reviews, rather than the manufacture hype. That's why I went with an HPS Performance short ram intake instead of the K&N Typhoon. I do like that most of the Megan Racing suspension parts are in blue though. Fits my color scheme that I'm building.

Hello I've finally decided to purchase these swear bars, but I lost the links. Does anyone have the links to the trd for the 11th gen? My Corolla is a 2014