Suspension.

Might already be a forum for this, new here first Toyota. After 5 Hondas. Has anybody done a suspension on there '17? Anybody know any company that has coils? Thanks, sorry if a repost.

I'm strongly debating between springs and shocks vs. coilovers. I'm mostly concerned with durability and subcomponent wear and tear as well as best bang for the buck. Any suggestions?

I'm strongly debating between springs and shocks vs. coilovers. I'm mostly concerned with durability and subcomponent wear and tear as well as best bang for the buck. Any suggestions?
From what I know, springs would decrease your height but it's hardly noticeable and they decrease the life of the stock shocks. I currently have about 25k miles on my stock shocks with lowering springs but they seem ok, they don't feel as firm as they use to though.

Coilovers cost between 600-1000 dollars and they'll last up to 100k miles before needing to be replaced or in the case of BC Racing coils, rebuilt which can cost up to 600-700 dollars and don't forget they'll provide a harsher ride than lowering springs. I've driven 25k miles on 2 seperate sets of coilovers and air suspension and I've only had to replace the driver side axle while I was on air suspension. Every other component has survived so far and I haven't had issues with the driver side axle since the repair last year. I feel you'll only have trouble with the axle if you go too low. I've heard from 2 other people that they destroyed their oil pan although they aren't as low as I am, not sure if their roads are just that bad (I have some bad patches of road on the way to work everyday and I'm fine) or if they just don't know how to drive a low car. But that is another thing to consider if you plan to go lower than lowering springs.

BC Racing, Megan Racing, Godspeed, D2 Racing are some companies that offer coilovers. Anything 2009+ will fit. I helped someone with a 17' about coilovers and he ended up getting BC racing as they offer custom spring rates.
Your photos look great Brothabear! I plan to get BC Coilovers with Swift spring upgrade. Maybe you can help me install mine :)

Honestly, I think the coil-overs will get you the best performance, but it really all depends on what you're looking for. The coil-overs, in conjunction with better sway bars, will give you better handling. I just put a Megan Racing rear sway on mine, & noticed the difference in the corners immediately.

I'm hoping to install the front one this coming weekend, as I'll have the following week off of work to get the alignment done. I just hope it fits, since MR says it's not for the 11th Gen Rollas. Anyone have any experience with this?

Honestly, I think the coil-overs will get you the best performance, but it really all depends on what you're looking for. The coil-overs, in conjunction with better sway bars, will give you better handling. I just put a Megan Racing rear sway on mine, & noticed the difference in the corners immediately.

I'm hoping to install the front one this coming weekend, as I'll have the following week off of work to get the alignment done. I just hope it fits, since MR says it's not for the 11th Gen Rollas. Anyone have any experience with this?

What front one are you talking about? I have a front strut brace from Megan Racing and it works fine. Are you talking about a sway bar that connects to the endlinks?

What front one are you talking about? I have a front strut brace from Megan Racing and it works fine. Are you talking about a sway bar that connects to the endlinks?
I have that strut brace as well, but want to powder coat it before I install it. I'm actually referring to the sway bar, which yes attaches to the end-links of the front suspension/steering components.

Thank you sir. Sorry for my late response. I contacted a few companies and not to many aftermarket parts are available at the moment due to the 17 model being so new, yet the Im has parts already. Lol. I'm new to the Toyota game after having a 5th gen prelude, kinda wanted to switch things up, not to mention to body lines on the 17 corolla are just wicked. .
Me and my wife wanna do some stuff the rolla just waiting on the right stuff. I don't know if I'm allowed but my ig "build" page is trd_moonpie. Yes my rolla is named möönpie. .

Thank you sir. Sorry for my late response. I contacted a few companies and not to many aftermarket parts are available at the moment due to the 17 model being so new, yet the Im has parts already. Lol. I'm new to the Toyota game after having a 5th gen prelude, kinda wanted to switch things up, not to mention to body lines on the 17 corolla are just wicked. .
Me and my wife wanna do some stuff the rolla just waiting on the right stuff. I don't know if I'm allowed but my ig "build" page is trd_moonpie. Yes my rolla is named möönpie. .
The iM has parts already as it's sold as Corolla hatch or as the Auris in other countries and it's been out since 2012.

Our Corolla has the same suspension and engine as the 10th gen so as far as those parts go, it should fit on the 2017 no problem. The only lacking part are aesthetic mods but Mapisa Group and King Fiber Design have bodykits for the 2017 model.

Really? Because when I contacted aem about the intake they side the size was different and they didn't recommend me installing it on the corolla non im even tho i told them it's the same bay layout same displacement, they kept sayingpiping is different size . Even a few other retailers told me that. Thanks tho have to dig deeper.

Jake

The Megan racing rear seat bar, can you provide a link to That? I've only found one up to a 13. I have a 16, will it still fit?