Test n Tune Time Slips

Ok everyone,

I went to a test and tune recently in Gainesville and decided to run my car on the track a few times to see what it would do..it is pretty obvious which car I am when you look at the time slips lol

Performance mods: HPS SRI, Pedal Commander, Borla S-Type Axle Back Exhaust

1st Run (ever): Traction control was still on, no pre-load on the CVT, just stomping the pedal in the S mode and hoping for the best. My parents both own Mustangs and the club accepts the TRD-Rolla and even gave me some pointers for the second run.

2nd Run: Traction control off, pre-load to about 2600-2700 RPM, and I felt substantially better about this run than the previous.
C:\Users\tyler_000\Pictures\IMG_1055.JPG 1st Run
C:\Users\tyler_000\Pictures\IMG_1056.JPG 2nd Run
*I uploaded the two files just in case the links did not work*

In conclusion,

There was not a huge difference in times, but was still inherently fun and the energy was electrifying out there as well! Would love to see other corollas out there too and have a real race :D
Note: I also ran with just under a 1/4 tank of gas and almost all extra weight out of the car

Attachments

this can put to sleep a lot of those posts claiming that adding all these accessories will put on significant horsepower....lol...great post!
Yea, not a significant increase in hp, but sounds great and looks great! Also wanted to see what other people run to see any similarities in times. I wasn't the slowest that day either lol a few Hondas were running 19s

Yea, not a significant increase in hp, but sounds great and looks great! Also wanted to see what other people run to see any similarities in times. I wasn't the slowest that day either lol a few Hondas were running 19s
can't dispute that....ive had both attachments at one point except pedal commander and it is very appealing to the ear xD

this can put to sleep a lot of those posts claiming that adding all these accessories will put on significant horsepower....lol...great post!
On my 2009 Corolla S I had those same mods and a dyno showed that I gained 10-12 hp. My car is a 5-speed manual and it felt much quicker too so the dyno conformed it.

that's very consistent timing, between the two, with an impressive improvement on your reaction time!! damn good racing I'd say... and sounds like you had fun which is just as important. cheers

On my 2009 Corolla S I had those same mods and a dyno showed that I gained 10-12 hp. My car is a 5-speed manual and it felt much quicker too so the dyno conformed it.
I have no idea what the comparison is to stock (I'm not stripping everything to find out lol), but I FEEL quicker when I'm driving around town even though mine is not the 5M. I'm sure that the SRI is eaten up by the CVT, but like I said before, the noise is appealing to the ear regardless and others turn their head to see what is making that joyful sound :cool:

I finally got a date scheduled for a dyno run!!
Next Saturday, can’t wait!!
I know, not exciting for anyone else but...
It will give everyone who has the “standard” mods an idea of where we stand.
By standard I mean intake, exhaust, MAFS, pedal commander, etc.

I have no idea what the comparison is to stock (I'm not stripping everything to find out lol), but I FEEL quicker when I'm driving around town even though mine is not the 5M. I'm sure that the SRI is eaten up by the CVT, but like I said before, the noise is appealing to the ear regardless and others turn their head to see what is making that joyful sound :cool:
The sound is worth it alone but my point is that it does add HP and any additional HP is welcome and a benefit.