The Transmission MYSTERY?!

Hello,

First time posting here!
I had a few questions.

1) My transmission does not want to shift (not a question i know...it's coming). Let me explain.
2010 Toyota Corolla 75,000 miles. It is a rebuilt salvage that's the reason for the low miles.
Been driving it for 3 years and never had any trans problems.

A) If I down shift to to any gear except first, it does not want to shift out of that gear. However, It will shift out of that gear if i let off of the accelerator almost totally. It will even stay at the red line if i do not let off the gas.

B) It does not like to shift out of second gear when it first starts. Obviously (i think) it has something to do with the temperature?

C) I did get a CE light once and the code was a trans circuit error. It hasn't come back until this week.

D) I replaced the shift solenoid that was recommended to me as a possible fix. That didn't work.

Stupid local shop wanted to take apart the trans and charge me $100,000 to fix it, Jk. But seriously they wanted to take apart the trans and rob me.
I found a parts dealer with some trannyyy's with about 40 K miles for 400 bucks.

2) Should i bite the bullet and take it to the dealer and cough up the 110 diagnostic fee?

3) What are the chances the dealer will actually get it diagnosed properly? Just wondering, i never dealt with a Toyota dealer before.

4) Should I buy a low mileage trans and just swap it out?

5) If i do need a new trans... my Corolla is a 4 speed,. Can you put a 5 speed transmission in it? Or do you need a different ECU?

6) It has a little bit of an alignment issue with the shifter and the trans.
I mean you have to move the shifter a little above R (reverse) to get it to engage. This is a fairly new thing. Same with park. Could that have something to do with it? IDK

I tried selling, but nobody wants it, obviously. Or i got low balled.
I thought for a second about just selling it AS IS and not saying anything but i felt really bad about that idea. So, i didn't do that. It was tempting though.
I've seen it before, not cool.

Lots of questions I know. I just don't want to waste time and money?

I APPRECIATE ALL THE FEEDBACK I CAN GET!!!

-Brad

personally I would get it diagnosed. You don't have to do it at the dealer, a reputable shop should do, try as transmission shop. If diagnosed then you know what is wrong instead of dropping money on parts that are not needed. if you watch south main auto on you tube many things he fixes are simple, may take time to diagnose but sometimes it is an easy thing to fix. Mind you that shop is in New York state but if you can find someone with the same mindset that likes a challenge it is worth having it diagnosed. I had an old Plymouth Breeze that the tranny stopped shifting. It turned out to be one of the solenoids. I took it to a local tranny shop and it was diagnosed and fixed for Just over $100 Cdn, which is cheap. He did give me a break and a deal on it but just the same I did not spend money throwing parts at it.