Those odd looking cut outs in under the front bumper??

Hi,

Can anyone where please explain the reason or the significance of those two weird looking u shaped cut
out that are right under the front bumper?? To me, if looks very strange and just wondering exactly what they
are?

Hi,

Can anyone where please explain the reason or the significance of those two weird looking u shaped cut
out that are right under the front bumper?? To me, if looks very strange and just wondering exactly what they
are?
Those are aerodynamic flaps designed to minimize the amount of air that hits the tire created drag. They also make sure to direct the flow of air in a more central area underneath. I lowered my car on Teins and got rid them, they are held in with 3 small bolts.

koby

I removed mine and my fuel economy stayed the same, I cant image little flaps can make that much of a difference compared to what the wind is hitting on the rest of the car. but feel free to prove me wrong haha

Thanks. Its not paint, its plasti dip. I also dipped my wheels, front emblem, rear emblem, and the word corolla with the same color, Flex Blue. Don't go this low if you live in an area with a lot of potholes.

Thanks! More mods coming soon.
Yeah I plasti dip my spoiler and emblems looks good also the interior have you changed the blue line that goes across the whole dashboard and side doors ??