Throttle Body Service and Power Steering Flush

Mr-X

Hi,

I have a 2006 Corolla with approx. 75K miles. I get my car serviced every 5K miles at the local dealer. I was recommended to do the following and I'm not sure how important and necessary it is to get these done:

1. Throttle Body Service (3-stage service due to carbon build up) - $227
2. Power steering fluid flush (due to time and mile age) - $112

Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks !

You can perform these regular maintenance items yourself and save a whole lot of money.

I suggest going to Advance Auto Parts and telling them that you need a spray can of throttle body cleaner and it should have instructions on the can on how to use it. If not, contact the company directly. Cost for a can of throttle body cleaner is about $8 or so.

The power steering fluid can be siphoned out of the old power steering reservoir with a $3 turkey baster and then refilled with new power steering fluid. Don't entirely empty the power steering reservoir, or air can be sucked into the system and then it can be a chore to bleed it out. Do this two to three times over a few weeks and 99% of the old fluid will be removed and replaced with new. Cost with turkey baster and fluid, about $20.

I just saved you several hundred dollars. You can pay me later. lol :thumbsup: