Tinted Windshield

Hi guys looking for thoughts and opinions? I was looking at tinting my whole front windshield. I currently have 20% on the front doors and 20% over 20% on the rear glass and 5% on the rear windshield. Just was looking for options and thoughts maybe some pictures as well thanks.

one, it is illegal in the US to tint your front windshield, in many cases even the front windows can't be tinted. Personally it is hard enough at night to see as it is and by tinting your windshield it would be even worse to see. Why do it? to look cool at the expense of safety?

Jlinn

Hi guys looking for thoughts and opinions? I was looking at tinting my whole front windshield. I currently have 20% on the front doors and 20% over 20% on the rear glass and 5% on the rear windshield. Just was looking for options and thoughts maybe some pictures as well thanks.
I have 5% all the way around except the front and so long as the light is hitting my car I can keep my windows up however at night it would be bad for anything lower than 20 I might get 20 on my front it just depends

I live In ohio and even tinting your two front windows is illegal. Which is why I only when with having 35% on the front....
Then I have 20% on the back sides and back windshield.
Also when driving at night, it DOES make a difference on YOUR visibility when looking out any of those windows. Which is why I went with a little less dark personally.
I wouldn't recommend tinting your front windshield.

Opinions are cheap, tickets for illegal tint are not. :( Check your local laws first.

I had my windows tinted, and paid a bit extra for the higher quality UV resistant tint. I noticed a big difference (I live in Georgia so it gets hot here in the summer). The guy who tinted my car said he has the same UV tint (I think they call it "ceramic"...no clue why) on his windshield. He has a really low tint, like 75% or something, but the UV resistance really keeps his car cool (so he claims).

He said no cop would ever check your windshield, they will only be focused on the side windows. Mine is legal in Georgia (35% I think). I passed on having the windshield tinted. $15 sunshades from Wal-Mart!

You can put a clear film on the front windshield that is ceramic and keeps the heat off the dashboard, which is legal. You cannot darken the front windshield however, but these rules vary from state to state. Here in Texas I can only do the film and the sunscreen at the top with a darker 25% tint. If it's not a clear ceramic film, it is illegal. Ceramic is awesome because it keeps all the heat out. My FR-S has ceramic tint on the side windows and rear. I want to go back and get clear ceramic on the front windshield to keep all of the heat out.

Yeah I mean I did find a place that can do it and they have a roll of 50% that I was going to tint the front windshield. The usual guy I use to tint my cars only has a roll of 35% seeing that most people don't even want the 50% on there at all. I was thinking about going with the 50% seeing that it wouldn't be as noticible as the 35% but still does the same thing.