Tire and Rim Confusion

Plans for his trade in most likely.

It actually may work out better. Get replacement Corolla, drive home, pull off old tires/wheels, put on new ones, and you get to sell them as new as long as they have under 10 miles (or was it 15?).

Neither. I went on a test drive with a mechanic and I hit 70 mph+ with him on I-95 and the car had a bit of turbulence and he notified me that it was normal due to the fact that the car is extremely light. I will go to tire kingdom this weekend and have them take a look.

That's a load of horse puckey! A Corolla is not extremely light, no more than any other car it's size on the road! Please, do yourself a favor and contact Toyota Inc. directly.

I don't know Im at my whits end already. That was the 4th time I was there for the same issue. I will try to see if the same thing will happen on my way back to work tonight.

Contact Toyota Inc. directly. You'll find the contact information in the owners manual of your Corolla.

You have legal rights under the Florida State Lemon Law and you must proceed carefully so you retain those rights -

Your Lemon Law Rights - 1-800-875-3666

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/f...IdId=1418408&gclid=CPL_jqiUu78CFQxp7AoddRQASg

Consider this; if someone were looking for a used 2014 Toyota Corolla and they test drove your car, would they buy it after seeing the wobbling/instability problem? No one wants a lemon!

I strongly advise you get the ball rolling on this.

Lemon Law Group - 1.888.415.0610

http://www.lemonlawgrouppartners.com/fl/?gclid=CIvXg5iVu78CFfHm7AodfjoAHg

State of Florida Attorney General, Lemon Law Information - To obtain a "Consumer Guide to the Florida Lemon Law," or speak with someone about the Lemon Law, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline at 1-800-321-5366

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

Lemon Law

Florida's Lemon Law applies to NEW or demonstrator vehicles sold or long-term leased in the state of Florida. When consumers buy or lease a new or demonstrator motor vehicle, they must receive from the selling dealer or lessor the "Consumer Guide to the Florida Lemon Law." This publication explains consumer rights, gives steps to follow to resolve problems, contains a toll-free number for the Lemon Law Hotline and a form the consumer can use to notify the manufacturer of chronic defects and time out of service for repair.

Contact Toyota Inc. directly. You'll find the contact information in the owners manual of your Corolla.

You have legal rights under the Florida State Lemon Law and you must proceed carefully so you retain those rights -

Your Lemon Law Rights - 1-800-875-3666

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/f...IdId=1418408&gclid=CPL_jqiUu78CFQxp7AoddRQASg

Consider this; if someone were looking for a used 2014 Toyota Corolla and they test drove your car, would they buy it after seeing the wobbling/instability problem? No one wants a lemon!

I strongly advise you get the ball rolling on this.

Lemon Law Group - 1.888.415.0610

http://www.lemonlawgrouppartners.com/fl/?gclid=CIvXg5iVu78CFfHm7AodfjoAHg

State of Florida Attorney General, Lemon Law Information - To obtain a "Consumer Guide to the Florida Lemon Law," or speak with someone about the Lemon Law, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline at 1-800-321-5366

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

Lemon Law

Florida's Lemon Law applies to NEW or demonstrator vehicles sold or long-term leased in the state of Florida. When consumers buy or lease a new or demonstrator motor vehicle, they must receive from the selling dealer or lessor the "Consumer Guide to the Florida Lemon Law." This publication explains consumer rights, gives steps to follow to resolve problems, contains a toll-free number for the Lemon Law Hotline and a form the consumer can use to notify the manufacturer of chronic defects and time out of service for repair.

If the car does indeed end up being a lemon I will lose money based on how many miles I have driven it for.

Don't allow yourself to be ripped-off. Stand your ground. The problem isn't going to go away and could even get worse. It could possibly be a bad tire with a slipped belt, so I recommend you take your car to a Firestone/Bridgestone tire store and have them check it out. They will do this for free, as it would be a tire warranty issue.

Don't allow yourself to be ripped-off. Stand your ground. The problem isn't going to go away and could even get worse. It could possibly be a bad tire with a slipped belt, so I recommend you take your car to a Firestone/Bridgestone tire store and have them check it out. They will do this for free, as it would be a tire warranty issue.
Will do, I have a mechanic friend who is looking at my car. He told me that he felt the problem as well. It seems you can barely feel it from the passenger side. He said the issue might be the tires but he is going to jack it up and take a look. I have a feeling the issue might indeed be the ****ty tires that came with the car.

Some news. Apparently my friend said that he felt the turbulence as well. I told him to get on I-95 and hit 70 mph or above and he told me that he felt the vibrations at even lower speeds. He jacked the car up and looked it over and he told me that there might be a problem with the tires. Either the tires just suck due to the tread or bad tires. Will see if I have time to take the tires to Firestone tomorrow morning and have them check them out.

I thought you had mentioned the problem was the car swaying at high speeds and not a vibration?

To diagnose a vibration problem, when the car is at the speed it is vibrating at and you don't have any other vehicles around you, shift the car into Neutral and if the vibration continues then it's a drivetrain problem, (engine, transmission or both). If the vibration stops, then it's either a tire with a slipped belt, or out of balance or there is a bent rim or any combination of those three.

I thought you had mentioned the problem was the car swaying at high speeds and not a vibration?

To diagnose a vibration problem, when the car is at the speed it is vibrating at and you don't have any other vehicles around you, shift the car into Neutral and if the vibration continues then it's a drivetrain problem, (engine, transmission or both). If the vibration stops, then it's either a tire with a slipped belt, or out of balance or there is a bent rim or any combination of those three.
ughhh:cursing:

When I hit highway speeds the entire body of the car...it feels like turbulence in an airplane. The vibration I can barely feel. The friend who drove the car builds custom choppers so I did take his word for it. If the tires are an issue then I might as well get better tires and lighter rims.

The tires will be covered under warranty and replaced at no charge, if they are the problem.

Have you had the alignment checked on a computerized four-wheel alignment machine?

Tires can be checked for wheel balancing and out of round, or broken belts with a dial gauge on a wheel balance machine. The very expensive Road Force machines can also do this.

I've never, ever, seen or heard of a new car dealer's service department that knows a darned thing about tires.

Tires can be checked for wheel balancing and out of round, or broken belts with a dial gauge on a wheel balance machine. The very expensive Road Force machines can also do this.

I've never, ever, seen or heard of a new car dealer's service department that knows a darned thing about tires.
There you go! You learn something new everyday!

When I worked at a tire shop in high school we had a guy come in complaining that he has been to several shop and none of them could get his wheels balanced properly. I pulled off his tire and, I swear to God, the guy had over 12 oz. of weight shoe-horned all over one small part of the wheel.

I put it on the balancing machine and felt with my hands as the tire rotated about and felt a lump where the tread was starting to separate, brought him on the floor and showed him and I said I was surprised that NOBODY prior had noticed that. Told him to take it back to the place he got the tires from since that will be a warranty issue, as I couldn't see obvious physical damage.

When I worked at a tire shop in high school we had a guy come in complaining that he has been to several shop and none of them could get his wheels balanced properly. I pulled off his tire and, I swear to God, the guy had over 12 oz. of weight shoe-horned all over one small part of the wheel.

I put it on the balancing machine and felt with my hands as the tire rotated about and felt a lump where the tread was starting to separate, brought him on the floor and showed him and I said I was surprised that NOBODY prior had noticed that. Told him to take it back to the place he got the tires from since that will be a warranty issue, as I couldn't see obvious physical damage.
lol when I go somewhere for service I am always nice unless it is the same person and they **** up more than twice...