Tire balancing vs alignment

Hey guys,

Every time I'm at the dealership they're trying to talk me into wheel rotation/balancing and alignment and I always decline, well had tire rotation and wheels balanced once, I'm at 35k miles right now.

Why would I need an alignment if I haven't done anything to put my car out of alignment? I haven't hit any curbs, huge pot holes. IT's tracking straight and steering wheel is dead center. Also, what are some of the issues which alignment helped some of you with? would it be beneficial in situations when you're getting vibration at certain speed? Car pulling to the side?

Balancing can fix steering wheel vibration issues from what I'm hearing. Can you ask them to show you that your car is out of alignment before they even do it?

I know they're trying to rip everyone off but should you get an alignment every once in a while if you haven't messed around with car's geometry like changing wheels or adding spacers new tires or lowering or replacing suspension parts? What are you thoughts?

Hey guys,

Every time I'm at the dealership they're trying to talk me into wheel rotation/balancing and alignment and I always decline, well had tire rotation and wheels balanced once, I'm at 35k miles right now.

Why would I need an alignment if I haven't done anything to put my car out of alignment? I haven't hit any curbs, huge pot holes. IT's tracking straight and steering wheel is dead center. Also, what are some of the issues which alignment helped some of you with? would it be beneficial in situations when you're getting vibration at certain speed? Car pulling to the side?

Balancing can fix steering wheel vibration issues from what I'm hearing. Can you ask them to show you that your car is out of alignment before they even do it?

I know they're trying to rip everyone off but should you get an alignment every once in a while if you haven't messed around with car's geometry like changing wheels or adding spacers new tires or lowering or replacing suspension parts? What are you thoughts?
If your tires are wearring more on the edges or car is pulling to right or left you may need front or rear alignment. if you are getting a lot of vibration
you should get tires balanced. Also if you rotate tires avery 5000 miles you tires will wear evenly and last longer.

I lowered my car, changed the wheel config, added 5 different suspension bars and I still have no need for an alignment. Car runs straight and true as it always has. Tires look great, no vibrations, no pulling, nothing.
In your case, I think they are just trying to get a few more bucks out of ya.
You should be able to have the alignment checked but not "repaired".
For a fee of course.
Is this part of your maintenance plan with Toyota by any chance?

Wow Chris still no alignment and no need for one after all those mods. Not bad at all. That should be a testament that you did everything right

I was just curious but you're right I am not naive and won't fall for their bs. I was just curious if alignment should be done to mitigate potential issues but it seems like if it ain't broke don't fix it.

My bumper to bumper has another thousand miles and then I'm covered by drive train up to 60k I guess which I'll hit on 2 years or less due to 60 mile round trip daily work commute. Thx for the info guys!