Toyota Corolla 0W-20 oil - What's this about?

Toyota of Orange in Orange, CA (So California) told me a quart of Toyota 0W-20 was $12.78 today. I said that this is most expensive oil I have ever heard about. He agreed to sell it to me for $9.50. I called another Toyota dealer where I purchased my brand new Toyota Corolla XLE and they wanted $11+change for a bottle.
How can a dealer overtly overcharge a customer and expect a customer to choose them for repairs?
Does anyone know the current suggested dealer list for a bottle of Toyota 0W-20?
My Toyota dealer said an oil change for Toyota 0W-20 is $70
What are you paying for a quart of Toyota 0W-20?
An 0W-20 oil change?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
been there done that, why I go to a Wal-mart. I avoid buying anything today at Advance Auto due to their high pricing.

I paid about $30.00for a 5Qt bottle

FISH

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Ouch. So expensive to use.

AMSOIL is second to none in quality and costs much less to use. If anyone would like a price quote, send me a private message.

Warren

Mobil1 AFE 0w20 at Walmart... $25/5qt jug. Can't beat that.

The other major synthetics are approximately the same in price but US TGMO is very similar to the AFE since they also blend it for Toyota.

I took my 13 in to the dealer for oil change and it was about $70 Canadian, which was cheaper than anywhere else. However I now change the oil myself as it has been out of warranty and It cost less because I know don't have to pay for labour. Last few times I have used Mobil1, It has been on sale from $50 a large bottle to just over $20, so when it goes on sale I by it even If I don't need it at the time.