Toyota Corolla 2016 A/C Problems

I own a 2016 Toyota Corolla
Milage: 36,974
Just several hundred over warranty
For inspection they toyota wants over 120 bucks or some nonsense to look into it... I need to know if it's worth it...

So here's the deal...
My girlfriend usually gets off earlier than me and will lay in my car with a/c running. We're night shift and we get off around 4:30 AM, so she's running hot air. This had been a daily thing.

Two days ago I made a run one town over, decided to stop and clean my car out. Did that. Hopped back in, sweating like a lady of the night in a church house I then decided to cut my cold air on. The moment I hit the 'Auto' button to cut it on I heard a pop. I sit there and try to figure out what the noise was and I still, STILL, do not know what the noise was but NOW I hear what sounds like my air conditioning in my car IS running but it's not coming out of ANY of my vents.

Sounds like an easy fix, similar thing happened to my aunt's matrix. Can't give you any details but I know it was cheap. The only difference is she went to her local mechanic not dealer.

That pop is probably the door behind the cabin air filter. I watched a video on this a while back.
What you can do is remove the glove box, pull the filter and watch the internal parts while you cycle through the hot and cold, etc.
You should see a vent door move. If not, it may have popped out of groove that it sits in.
It should be easy to see how it works, you’ll need a flashlight.