Toyota Corolla 94 Sticky Brakes When Engine is Hot - What Could Be The Problem?

Hi! I have a corolla 94 Big Body & brakes are sticky, we already repaired the master with a brake kit, repaired calipers & brake hose and still sticking, I separated the master cylinder brake from the booster and still sticky, then I tried bleeding from the master cylinder itself and the brakes are OK, this only happens when the engine is already hot.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
The engine being warm or hot shouldn't have anything to do with the brakes.

What is sticking in the brake system and how do you know it's sticking? A more detailed explanation of the symptoms would be helpful.

The engine being warm or hot shouldn't have anything to do with the brakes.

What is sticking in the brake system and how do you know it's sticking? A more detailed explanation of the symptoms would be helpful.
i tried to feel the calipers and the discs and it's very hot, i jacked the front tires and I cannot move/rotate the tires at all while the rear brakes does. (no handbrakes,neutral).

but when i separated the master cylinder from the booster and bled from the master cylinder that's only time I can rotate the front wheels without much effort ...

Thanks to everyone for helping....

I actually bought this car from my cousin last July this year and they told me it's just sitting there for almost 8 months w/o them using it, so the mechanic towed the car and they told me that there are no brakes. so they repaired it using a kit. after, a day I took the car out and went for a test drive after a few kms it actually felt like the car was dragging something and it stalled so i told the mech bout the problem and a saw them make some adjustment to the pushrod. seems to work out but then again after a few kms again it happened.

here's what happened to the car recently :

1. Towed the car without breaks ( just handbrakes working ).
2. Repaired the master cylinder using a kit.
3. Now i have sticky calipers (both, you cannot rotate the wheels and very hot) ( but rear brakes are fine and normal temp ).
4. Opened the both calipers and master cylinder(again), bled, checked the brake hose, the mechanic said both are still OK.
5. While the disc are hot, we separated the MC from the booster, caliper still sticking.
6. Bled from the MC itself (while separated from booster). caliper lets loose of the wheels and can be rotated w/o much effort ...

during cold start, the brake pedals seems normal. after a few minutes of idle and normal driving. pedals becomes hard.