Toyota Corolla Paint Problems

I have a 2007 Corolla LE that I purchased almost a year ago. I noticed recently that the paint is chipping off of my car. I went to one dealership about the issue and all the service representative did was argue with me in a sarcastic voice saying it was rock chips.

Unless rocks can defy gravity and fly backwards the chips are not from rocks when they are located on the trunk, hood, and sides of the car. There are 43 paint chips on my car as of today. I am taking the car to another dealership tomorrow to see if I have any better luck. I am not paying $18,000 for a car that will have no paint on it in two more years.

I have a feeling Toyota will refuse to fix the problem and continue to blame it on me.

Has anyone else noticed the paint chipping on their cars?

If Toyota does not fix the car properly I will be driving a different car soon, and it WONT be a TOYOTA! I will fight this for all it is worth.

Tags: hyundai county, http://toyota-caudien.com/bao-gia-xe-toyota-altis-2016/, hyundai hd700

I have some chips on my 2013 corolla on my drivers front fender but they were caused by rocks falling from the sky or something. I heard the m-fers hit the hell out of my car but i was on the freeway atm it happened with not s soul near me for miles!!!! Pisses me off!!! Otherwise paint seems to be just like every other car on the planet.

If ya drive on a freeway where other cars kick crap into the air
or drive down a gravel road often...
then a chip in the paint will likely occur.

I don't commute any longer... and net very few paint chips.
But commuting sand blasts and chips the paint surface
and no it's not falling out of the clouds.

But if I had any complaint about the paint on my '10 Corolla
It would have to be that paint is thinly applied.

Most obvious for me is the fading paint that is applied onto
the plastic rear side panel (s) - bumper cover.

Not fading or discoloring on the sheetmetal surfaces.
But the plastic bumper paint applied tells another story.

Granted I purchased mine used...
So possibly the PO had those repainted
or did a budget backyard re-paint !? :rolleyes:

yeah I don't like the plastic bumper panels.
But will likely drive my 'rolla as is...
Until it either dies or I do.