Toyota "Extra care"

Dirk

So I got the nearly $1300 extra care "Certified platinum" warranty coverage for my used, certified 2018 Corolla. 7 yrs or 100k, whichever comes first. Corolla has 17k miles on it

What I am not sure about is what is actually covered. Is there a difference between the "certified platinum" coverage and the "platinum" coverage you buy with a new vehicle? Finance guy who pushed it went over it quickly. Today i received the card in the mail for roadside assistance, etc.

I typically never buy extended warranties. Then again, I typically do not buy used vehicles, so this is the reason i bit the bullet on it.

How many of you have Toyota extra care? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks.

delrey

Standard Toyota Certified comes with a 12 month/12,000 mile bumper to bumper and 7 year / 100,000 mile powertrain. I'm not sure if your 'Certified Platinum' takes the bumper to bumper coverage to the 7 year / 100,000 mile. I would imagine your documentation would list what is covered and what isn't and the time frame for it.

I did not buy any additional warranties. I just stuck with the standard certification. I also question the certification process as the tires on mine had stress cracks (tread depth just passed) and I thought they should've been replaced. The dealer didn't agree. However, I did get a new set of tires I wanted which probably would've been better than anything the dealer would've put on. If my '17 is as reliable as my '11 was, I will be fine.

Dirk

Standard Toyota Certified comes with a 12 month/12,000 mile bumper to bumper and 7 year / 100,000 mile powertrain. I'm not sure if your 'Certified Platinum' takes the bumper to bumper coverage to the 7 year / 100,000 mile. I would imagine your documentation would list what is covered and what isn't and the time frame for it.

I did not buy any additional warranties. I just stuck with the standard certification. I also question the certification process as the tires on mine had stress cracks (tread depth just passed) and I thought they should've been replaced. The dealer didn't agree. However, I did get a new set of tires I wanted which probably would've been better than anything the dealer would've put on. If my '17 is as reliable as my '11 was, I will be fine.
Yeah, so finally able to get some clarity on coverage. The plan covers powertrain plus everything in the gold plan. It's a lot but still too much not covered. So wondering if it was a bad investment. As you say, I've heard certified pre-owned is absolute BS. I have heard that they really dont do anything to it, just give it a label and make sure the title is clean.

I'm glad you got a lot of good miles on your '11. :)