tpms

ahmadd

Hi every body. ..I'm new here I have corolla 2014 Le ...I need ask about spare tire is it contain tpms or no ...because the tpms light blinking about 45 minutes and not off still start when I'm driving. ..and i use wheel cap cause 2014 le ...not equipped thnx for reply

Easiest way to tell if your spare has a tpms sensor is to look at the valve stem. Tpms sensor will have a nut on the visible part of the valve stem.
No nut means it's a normal valve.

First off, check your pressure in all the tires. If they are correct... you might have to "reset" the system. It's also possible that it could be a problem with one of the sensors.
Have you had drastic changes in the temperature where you live? This will also be a factor.

ahmadd

I'm checked all tires ...it is fill at 32
and I found button to reset in gloves panel ...i pushed it but no change ...

I'm checked all tires ...it is fill at 32
and I found button to reset in gloves panel ...i pushed it but no change ...
There is a sequence to resetting the system. Should be in your manual, but widely available on line.
I think you have to hold the button in and turn the key to the on position without starting the engine. Something like that.

Last edited:
Blinking then staying on generally indicates a problem with one or more of the wheel sensors. Mine does that when I put my winter wheels (because of no sensor at all on those). I don't think the spare has a sensor.
Try a reset first. If it doesn't work, then maybe one or more of the sensors is defective or missing. Also, in some conditions, it may take a little while for the light to go off.

How to initialize the tire pressure warning system (from the manual)
  • Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off. Initialization cannot be performed while the vehicle is moving.
  • Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level.
  • Turn the engine switch to the “ON” position [or IGNITION ON mode for vehicles with a smart key system].
  • Press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times.
  • Wait for a few minutes with the engine switch in the “ON” position and then turn the engine switch to the “ACC” or “LOCK” [or engine switch IGNITION ON mode and then engine switch off for vehicles with a smart key system]

ahmadd

thnx Jolly ido that ..but still blinking....so button to reset in corolla 2014 le in the gloves panel this one only or there are another button

Yes the only button is in the glove panel. If this doesn't work (light may take a little while to go off) then one or more of the sensors are defective or missing. Also, if one or more has been replaced, the system may have to be program to recognize it (dealer thing).

ahmadd

I'm show dealer this case of tpms and checked but appear in the scan ((the receiver not acceptable id tpms )) he say I don't no why

To whom it may concern

I think the spare don't have a TPMS, reason why, they want you to remember that you are ON a spare tire !
if spare tire has TPMS, it should NOT have it for that reason !
but who knows better then this UPPER heads sometimes !
LOL