Transmission Diagnosis

Long story short...

I replaced the left and right CV Axle on my dad's 1999 Toyota Corolla VE, manual 5 speed. I did not replace the axle shaft seals. Most if not all manual transmission fluid dripped out. The car stopping going and smoked slightly. I pulled the axle, replaced the seal and filled up the transmission.

Now the vehicle will not go into gear. If I turn the car off and put it into gear the car lurches forward even if the clutch is engaged. If I put the vehicle in neutral and start it, push in the clutch and try to put it in gear it grinds as though the clutch is not pushed in.

Is it safe to assume that replacing the clutch will resolve this issue? Does my mess up of allowing all the fluid to leak out, line up with this diagnosis? I have replaced the clutch at about 120k miles so I can do it again, I just want to make sure that this is the cause before I embark on the task...

Any input is appreciated

Sounds like you may have messed up your shift forks, I don't think the clutch itself would be an issuer because that doesn't have anything to do with what you did. I would say your problem is internal. Sounds like you may need a new tranny