Transmission issues

I've got a 2005 automatic 4 cyc 1.8L corolla ascent. Recently it started jolting when switching between 1st and 2nd gear (switching between the other gears are fine). The slower the speed, the more the car jolts shifting between gears. I've taken it to an automatic transmission repair shop where they had it for 2 weeks. They tried replacing the solenoid and ran diagnostic tests but couldn't identify the problem. Just told me to try somewhere else. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with their corolla and were able to resolve it?

okay...

Replacing transmission solenoids is not cheap:( Did they SHOW ALL the old solenoids? ** if they show you just one or none, you got screw **
Chances are, ALL they did was a flush & fill on your transmission... :( most likely they use the wrong fluid too... this transmission is VERY picky on the stupid fluid.

Here what I would do... waste money complete transmission solenoid kit & new/refurbish Valve Body.. the transmission fluid and filter alone is already expensive enough already.
If this this doesn't remedy the transmission issue.. then you might want to look into another car.

one more thing.. double check your engine mounts too.. for wear and tear:eek:

You need to check the quality of the transmission oil and make sure you use the correct oil. If you are using different oil, it will not work. My recommendation is to do a flush and refill.

Also Engine mounts need to checked for cranks. Specially the front and the back ones.