TRD springs; what about ride comfort

Dan55

Hello, I'm looking to buy a new 2016 Corolla in few weeks. The only thing that bugs me with the car is the "cross country" suspension height that ruins its appearance. So I'm looking at these TRD springs option installed by the dealer. I don't want to mess around with aftermarket brands. What I'm really looking for, is appearance and to keep as much COMFORT as possible. I am NOT looking at performance improvements. I would like to have comments from you who went with this TRD springs option;

How about ride comfort before and after?

What is the car height difference with these TRD springs?

Thanks.

Dan

Anytime you alter the suspension on any car by lowering it you are putting the ride comfort at risk. It's just a normal thing. If you lower the car even on TRD springs the ride will be more stiff and you will most likely feel the bumps in the road more so when you did when the car was sitting at the stock ride height. The TRD springs will lower your car about 1.25in in the front and 1.50in in the rear when you read the specs. At least that's what I've read in past years. Hope this helps? I don't have them on my car personally but I've always thought about doing it, but never went through with it because of where I live and the road conditions are just not right for lowered cars unless you want a messed up front end lol.

Really looking for someone who actually use those TRD springs. And yes I agree, comfort will be compromised but to what extend; this is the question.