trouble code P0741

I have a 06 corolla with 180000 miles . I am getting a p0741 code .its a transmission code .but nothing feels different .I had the code cleared and it stayed off for about 3 month's then it came back on .I had the computer checked because there was a recall and it was not the recall model .I was told by a somewhat mechanic to change the trans fluid .then someone else told me not to so I am at a loss anybody else have this issue thanks for the help

My 04 has had this problem for several years now. When it first happened, I took it to the dealer who said they have seen this before ad recommended a transmission flush. That done and the warning light cancelled, it was fine for a year. When it happened again, I had a local transmission shop flush it. 7 or 8 Months later 0741 showed up again. I had the shop check to see if it was 0741. It was - had it cancelled. I then bought a reader on line [$17.00] and when the light comes I read it and if its 0741, cancel. Lately, it has appeared and later disappeared several times on its own. My transmission has always worked perfectly !!! I am sure the problem is a faulty sensor that reads the torque converter's condition. However, the local dealer could not tell me if that sensor was inside or outside the transmission. He suggested I bring the car in for a checkup [$100.00]. I contacted "Ask Toyota" on the web and asked them the question re location of sensor. They could not tell me and said they would have the local dealer contact me within two days. Three days have gone by - no contact !! But no loss, as they couldn't help me before. I am left with the option of either trying to contact someone at the Toyota factory who should be able to answer the question - or putting a piece of black tape over the Engine Warning Light !!!