trouble with GPS

Hi all, I just found this great forum and am looking for a little advice. I own a 2014 Corolla S Plus. It has the radio system with blue tooth and GPS. The problem is that while I am listening to the radio and the GPS comes on giving directions, the radio does not fade so the radio and the GPS are talking over each other and I can't understand the GPS. I took it to the dealer and they said the system was defective and changed it but the same problem exists on the new system. I took it back to Toyota and they said they sent my old unit to Fujitsu and they are trying to find out what is wrong with it as it is a factory problem. Today I went back to the dealer and they no say it is normal but admit the GPS is pretty much useless so they sent some kind of formal letter to Toyota to try and resolve the problem. I was able to raise the audio level of the GPS and it will work if I have the radio volume set real low but if the volume is at the normal level then you can't figure out what the GPS is saying. Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks
Charlie

Don't feel bad Charlie, I just purchased a 2015 Corolla S Premium and have the same problem. Took it to my Toyota dealer today and service man said both you and I are right, there is a definite problem most likely in the software as he spoke with radio mfg and they told him to update with latest software update. So, tomorrow I am taking it back in and he is going to load latest software updates. If it is not in the latest update them radio mfg has a problem. If this does not fix the problem, under my states lemon law I need to take it back in several time for same complaint and then I can file for buy-back under the lemon law. I know it's sounds nit-picky but, it drives me crazy have to listen to radio and GPS voice commands at same time. I will let you know what happens after tomorrow. I am amazed that nobody else has complained about this problem. Either they are stone deaf or just don't care, but it is a definite problem with the newer model Corolla's.

Thanks Crownarch. My dealer told me that an update wont fix it so I am excited to see how yours turns out. My dealer also tested two Corolla's on their lot, a 2014 and a 2015 and both had the problem. I'm in California so I looked up the lemon law and it says I have to take it to the dealer 4 times for the problem then I qualify under the lemon law. I only have 18 months to do it and I have had the car for 15 months now so I need to get busy. Please do let me know what you find. By the way my dealer did say they had the problem with another Corolla customer as well as two Tacoma's and they changed those radios and never heard back from the customers, go figure. Like you, I can't understand why there aren't many complaints I even looked at the NHTSA site to see if there were any complaints there and found nothing. NHTSA does take complaints that aren't safety related. When I bought my Ford Ranger it had several problems and the dealer said they never heard of the problems I was having so I went to the NHTSA site and found dozens of complaints exactly the same as mine. I copied them and gave the Service manager a 3/4" stack of the print outs at which time he said they had discovered that they do have a problem and they are working on it, never heard back. On the upper right corner on your radio are some small numbers that is the model number of your radio. You can see them right on the front. I will get mine and let you know what it is when the wife brings the car back.

Thanks much and good luck
Charlie

Thanks for your response Charlie, two bad there is no way we can email each other through this forum. We need to stay on top of this as Toyota will just keep giving us the round around. I checked on the right corner of my radio and the model no is 100150. My states lemon law says that it must be taken to dealer a minimum of 4 times and if not fixed than you can file and the state will set-up a mediation between mfg. (Toyota) and myself. However, it has too be something that affects safety or detrimental for operation. As far as I am concerned it is both because when using the GPS for dependability when to turn etc., I have missed many turns because of radio interference. We should both file at the same time and use each others complaints as evidence of the problem. Stay in touch through your post here by replying to thread and I will do the same.
thanks, Gary

Hi Gary. I have exactly the same model number as you do 100150. California requires 2 complaints that don't fix the problem for safety reasons but 4 complaints for anything else. I found the Toyota contact web site and you can phone, e-mail or snail mail. I e-mailed the site and am waiting for their answer. I'll let you know what they say when they reply. I would agree that it could be a safety problem but it is certainly a defect. I can't imagine any engineer designing a system that does this on purpose. It's even difficult to imagine that they never tested it and found this problem. I'll get the Toyota contact link for you when I get to my other computer, probably tomorrow. I agree about staying in touch and on top of this thing. It will be intresting to see if you make any headway when you take yours in. This is actually my wifes car but that means I get to make sure it works correctly.

Thanks much
Charlie

Hi Charlie, I read through all that and it appears none of it fixes our problem. I checked my radio last night and my latest and only software load is AU.70.34 which I believe is the newest. I also filed a complaint on carcomplaints and hopefully that will get some attention. It just frosts me that the 1-800 Toyota treats a person like we don't know anything. One guy there told me that the volume is supposed to drop a little bit, but that is another Toyota fib. If you go to apps on radio, then setup, then voice and scroll down you will find "Voice prompt interrupt." Turning that command on is what should be should be controlling the nulling of radio when GPS speaks. I am going to order my lemon law complaint forms today in preparation of filing.

Gary

Hi Gary. I also found the "voice prompt interrupt" and turned it on but that didn't fix the problem. Maybe that should do it but the software doesn't support it yet. If so it seems like an easy fix for Toyota. It doesn't look like the software update that Toyota is going to do for you will fix this but maybe there is a later one that we don't know about. AU.70.34 came out in April so it is a couple of months old. 'llI check my software today and see if it's up to date. We'll see

Charlie

Keep us updated as I noticed the same issue on my 2015 with the factory nav. I ended up turning off the radio so I could listen.

Hi everyone, today I took my Corolla back to the dealership as the service guy wanted to reload the latest update to see if would fix the problem. It did not. So, the service man called the radio factory, which I believe is Fujstu for the second time. Fujitsu told the service man that they have received numerous complaints from other Toyota dealerships as well and that until Toyota mfg. tells them to fix the problem nothing will change. They also stated that if the "voice prompt interrupt" is initiated the volume of the radio will diminish some when GPS responds with voice commands. As most of us already know, this in not true. So, at this point I either recommend complaining to the Toyota factory and or file under Lemon law in their respective state. Toyota can call it whatever they want but, the bottom line is that it is a defect and we are paying for it.

Gary

Another update. Hope you guys aren't getting tired of my posts but, I am actively trying to work this problem and to keep everyone tuned in. Late this afternoon I was in touch with the tier 2 Toyota factory reps. Had a real good rep who understands our complaints and also said it definitely is a software problem as the "voice prompt override" function is not a performing as it should. He is documenting our discussion and is forwarding it up the channels to get some attention especially after I informed him that I am already at work on my "Lemon Law" paper work and that I have full intention of filing with my states "Lemon Law" office. After that statement, he then informed me that he was sending a directive to my dealership where I purchased the vehicle. The directive basically will inform owners/directors of the dealership to work with me closely on this problem. Could be all B.S talk coming from him but, I think he will come through. I have my letter informing Toyota sales USA including Toyota case number in my lemon letter law already to go requesting them to repurchase my car from me under my state Lemon Law. That's the first step. They have 40 days to respond to my letter at and depending on what they say I can then turn it over to the State Attorney Generals office for an arbitration hearing. I am asking you guys to call the main Toyota customer service number and complain and they will file a case number to you. Call 1-800-331-4331 extension 5 and file your complaint. I say this enough as we need to get this defect documented so Toyota can't stick their head in the sand. Make sure you ask them for your case number after you complain as that will always be in your favor again when you complain up the chain of command.
Thanks for putting up with my long dialogue guys.

Gary

I noticed this with mine too. Just got it a few days ago..

I found under the voice settings that there is a volume setting that you can raise so that the turn by turn is louder than your music but having said that I don't listen to music very loudly.

Hi Guys. Great job Gary, I'll call tomorrow after they call me regauarding my previous e-mail to them. Here is the e-mail and their answer. I'll see what they have to say as I did send them my phone number. Lets keep up the pressure to get this finished. I am surprised that Toyota has to complain to Fijitsu to get it fixed, well maybe not so much.

Recently you contacted Toyota. Below is a summary of your contact message and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
GPS system
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Albert Mejia)
06/25/2015 03:08 PM
Dear Mr. Bier,
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We apologize for the volume concerns with the navigation and radio on your 2014 Toyota Corolla.Toyota wishes to ensure that your case is thoroughly evaluated and have subsequently forwarded your email to a case manager.The case manager assigned to your case will be your point of contact during the review of your specific situation.
We have advised the case manager of the contact information that you provided in your email, and they will follow up with you by the end of business 06/26/2015.If there is a preferred time of day and telephone number to contact you, please let us know by replying to this email.
Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters.If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely,
Albert M.
Toyota Customer Experience Center
Customer By Web Form (charles bier) 06/24/2015 06:18 PM
When my GPS directions come on the radio does not fade. The radio and GPS talk over each other making it impossible to understand the GPS instructions. I found the setting to increase the GPS volume and if I turn the radio real low I can hear the GPS but if the radio is at the normal volume then I can't understand the GPS directions. There must be a reason that the radio doesn't fade when the GPS directions come on.
Thanks
Charlie

Hi Segino, I also found that setting and it does work if the radio is low but if the radio is at what I call a more normal level, at least for me, then the problem arises. Even My Ford Fiesta completly shuts off the radio or whatever media I am listening to when the GPS comes on making it crystal clear. It would be nice if they get this fixed.

Good luck
Charlie

Great info Charlie and thanks for posting their email. If everyone that is having this problem keeps posting their interaction with Toyota and their responses on this thread than all of us can use this thread as evidence if we are forced to follow through with filling with the Lemon Laws of our states. Like I said, the best thing all of us can do is call Toyota to complain and get a case number. Tomorrow when I have time I will post my case number which I think we should all do as this will give us ammunition we can use against Toyota in our defense. And Charlie, I have an old $100 Garmin purchased back in early 2001 that nulls the radio when GPS directions are given so, don't anybody believe it when Toyota tells you our Corolla units are not defective.

Well, the more I thought about it the more this whole problem has been weighing on my mind. I believe Toyota has known about this problem for quite some time as Charlie's is a 2014. This is an indication that since nobody was complaining why bother addressing the problem. So, tomorrow morning my letter requesting them to repurchase my vehicle is going out in the mail. By my states Lemon Law Toyota will have 40 days in which to response to my request. If they don't and if their response is "no way" I am then allowed to file for arbitration. So, I hope my request letter will get some quicker action out of them. Also, my complaint file number that was established by Toyota is #1506242480 and you are free to use it when you file a complaint with them indicating that you are not the only one with the GPS problem.

Thanks, Gary

I received the reply from the Toyota e-mail and they acknowledged that they now have my phone number that I sent them yesterday and will call me today.

Charlie

Great Charlie, it will be interesting to say the least to hear what they have to say. Not to sound like a smart aleck but, when they call you, put some music on so you can do the two step shuffle when they feed you more B.S. on why their Radio/GPS is being manufactured that way. Actually Charlie, I really do hope they have a simple resolution and I hope they take care of you like they should. Please post their response as I believe all of us would be interested in knowing what they had to say.
Good luck Charlie
Gary

I got the call from toyota. My contact is Malika and after explaining the problem she gave me a case number 1506253035. She said that she is in an office with tech people and engineers and is going to find out what the problem is. I also told her that the vioce interupt option is there but it doesn't work so it may be a software problem. I asked her if is she wanted me to try another dealer and she asked to let her have a shot at it and she will call me back but she does understands the problem. I will start getting the paper work together for the Lemon law just in case but will give her a chance although I wont wait long. On another front I happened to see another Corolla just like my wife's 3 blocks from my home today. I signaled to the driver to roll down the window and she did. While in the next lane I asked her if her GPS fades the radio off when the GPS comes on and she said it does, no problem. I said are you sure and explained the problem and she said she was sure and it does fade the radio. I then asked what the model number on the radio is and she read the number on the radio and it was 100149. How about that. Our radios are 100150 which is the premium radio so I think that she doesn't have the premium radio but still has the GPS, I need to check that out as I didn't thing think the standard radio had GPS, I may be wrong. Insterestingly the Toyota reps phone number is the same one that you called but with a different extention, EXT 73847. It's starting to look like they screwed up the GPS option when the made the premium radio. This may be why the complaints are limited in number since only the premium radios may be at fault.

Keep swinging
Charlie

It looks to me that the 100149 radio does not have GPS so I'm confused by the other Corolla owner I talked to today. I wonder if the lady was confused and was thinking about the radio fading when she was on the Bluetooth phone? I never received a phone call on my wifes car so I am not sure if the radio fades when on the phone, does yours?

Charlie

Hi Charlie, glad to see Toyota is working with you on this issue. I received a call from the customer relations manager from my dealership today. He informed me that yes it is a defect and he stated they tried three of their new Camry's and they have the same issue. He is going to push it with Toyota as he stated it might be a major problem if it a defect exist in both the new Camry's and the Corolla's. He said for all he knows it may be in other new models too, as all their radios come from Fujitsu. I told him all that info is very good to know but, it doesn't do much for my problem or anyone else until there is a resolution. He stated that reporting it Toyota Motor Sales USA is the smartest thing we could do as it will get moved up the chain. I am so leery skeptical of their B.S.
I don't believe anything until I see it happen if front of my own eyes! You may be right Charlie that it is only occurring on the "S" model. Wouldn't you know!

Keep up the good work Charlie
Gary

This one will be interesting to follow from a legal perspective as electronic and software glitches are a relatively new but growing problem.

Lemon laws varies, but the basics are generally the same :
1. Safety hazard - GPS is not a mandatory system, cars do sell and work perfectly without it.
2. Car not usable for X days - Not the case since GPS does not affect driveability.
3. X failed attempts to fix - What would a court consider an "attempt" : a number of visits to the dealer or a number of software upgrades ?
3. Non conformity to specs/contract - There we go, but does Toyota really disclose the characteristics of its GPS units ?
4. Severe loss of value - That remains to be established

Hopefully Toyota wont hide behind probability of winning/losing in court and solve the problem.

On a side note, Racer is right : 100149 head unit does not have GPS, maybe the lady was confusing with bluetooth phone which does mute radio when receiving a call.
100150 are the one with GPS and it is not a "S" thing, as both units are available in LE, LE Eco and S, depending on trims and options.

Good info Jolly and thanks. Ya it may be a long battle but they may also get on it. Hopefully they will get it resolved with just a software upgrade but it still leaves me wondering why more haven't complained especially if the Camry's are also having the problem. The book keeps getting longer.

Charlie

it still leaves me wondering why more haven't complained especially if the Camry's are also having the problem
Very good question indeed !
Maybe not so many peoples buy the option (I for one use the one on my phone, which gives you vocal instructions via the car speaker anyway).
Maybe even less use it (after all, aren't we mostly following the same path day after day)
Maybe even lesser use it while listening to the radio (does the problem exist only over radio ? on all bands ? or also over usb or bluethoot as those are getting more and more popular over radio ? knowing this would help pinpoint the culprit !).
Maybe some have the option but don't really know how it is suppose to work properly (again, Toyota doesn't disclose much on it...).
Maybe only a specific batch or upgrade is affected (I've never heard a tester, including electronic magazines, reporting the problem either).
Maybe... maybe... the list could go on so that's why Toyota should feel the pressure to get to the bottom of it !

I have the same problem. The option isn't programmed properly and apparently, Toyota hasn't done a good enough job of contacting Fujitsu to get it resolved.

It's not a defective unit, just sloppy, lazy programming. You would think that the feature is something that would have been tested but apparently not...

Very good input jolly, and I agree with you that filing this under the Lemon Law of my state will be easy but, the question is will they consider it as a major defect or even consider it an issue as a safety factor. We pay for our seat belts and we expect them to work and we paid for our Radio/GPS and we expect that to work. The other problem is once you take it to the dealer and they inspect it and call Fujitsu they will be informed by Fujitsu that's the way it is supposed to work. Then the dealer will tell you that there is nothing they can do to fix it. That means, you can't take it back to the dealer as they will not accept it for repair as they have told there is nothing they can do. If you try to take it to another dealer, they too will not accept it as they will look up vehicle history and inform you it's the way supposed to work. So, you get a one time shot trying to get it fixed and most lemon laws want attempted repairs to be at least 2 to four times. That left me with no alternative, but to file anyway as my state requires me to file a certified letter with return receipt to the manufacturer requesting they repurchase my car and reasons why. The manufacturer under my states lemon law
must respond with either a yea or nay answer to me within 40 days. I am also claiming it as a safety factory (debatable agree) because of the mass confusion when trying to drive in a large city one is not familiar with.

Donabed, please call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331 extension 5 and file a complaint and obtain a case number. All of us need all the help we can get to fight the dilemma.
Thanks
Gary

Just to let you guys know, I received my 2nd reject of Toyota being not able fix the attenuation problem on my radio. This Toyota service record has the following comments on it by the Toyota dealership service man. It reads, "Customer radio does not mute when the audible nav prompts are running. Even when the feature is engaged. Checked for software update. Updated software on radio with USB stick. Talked to Fujistu Ten about the radio. According to them at this time, the radio does attenuate, but the difference is very slight. There are no further updates at this time and the radio performs as designed." Now that I have 2 service rejects, I have the minimum qualifications to meet my states lemon law. We shall see how all of this falls out when said in done.

Thanks
Gary

Gary, it sounds like this is the decision of the service man. Have you heard from the Toyota contact that you called. I haven't heard back from mine. That will probably be the official decision and that may be important for the lemon law. I'll let you know when I get a call from my Toyota contact.

Charlie

Hey Charlie, This morning, I logged another complaint with Toyota Automotive Sales USA and given another case number # 1506253311 and after being on hold for quite some time I was told by the Toyota rep that they would investigate and call me back with an answer. I received a telephone message later this afternoon and the Toyota rep stated that "the radio is working as designed and nothing can be done." So, basically we can forget Toyota taking the initiative nor action to solve the problem. I live in the Seattle area and as such we have a very top of the line TV broadcast station known as KIRO7. As part of their great service to the public they have an investigator that has his show on KIRO7 called "Jessie Jones" on KIRO7. He is outstanding investigator at getting to the bottom of problems of rip offs that an individual or the general public is experiencing. I filed a on-line report regarding our Radio/GPS problems with Jessie today and was contacted by his office this afternoon. KIRO7 will be at my house this coming Friday morning at 11.00 AM as they are interested in investigating our complaints with Toyota Automotive Sales USA. In my complaint to KIRO7 I referenced this Forum as further evidence that others like you and I are experiencing this problem. The reporter that called me stated that they viewed the GPS thread on the Corolla form and are aware that I am not the only one complaining to Toyota. I don't know how much traction this will get, but I am not giving up on this problem until I have investigated every avenue to getting the bottom of it and hopefully find some help to resolve the issue once and for all. I will keep you posted as to how this plays out and I hope everyone on this Forum thread and others find satisfaction from Toyota. As far as my letter of request to Toyota to repurchase my vehicle under Washington States Lemon Law because of the Radio/GPS defect, I have about another 30-40 days prior to receiving their response.

Thanks
Gary

Charlie, I forgot to mention that I found out that when you log a complaint with Toyota Motor Sales to file a complaint they will take the information and give you a case number. However, once they give you an answer to your complaint whether it be verbal or writing and they give you an answer, they immediately close the case. So, you will get no further responses to your case number as is becomes a dead issue to Toyota. Thanks, Gary

Donabed, I think Charlie must be correct in stating that only the Radio model 100150 has this defect. Since my dealership customer relations manager stated that they also found the same problem on the 2 new Camry's they had in stock I wish I would have asked him if they also had the Radio model 100150. If you guys happen to know if that is true please post it as I would be interested in knowing.

Thanks guys
Gary

Corolla and Camry dont have the same units (at least not the same part number)
Corolla : 100149 (non GPS) - 100150 (GPS)
Camry : 100201 or 100366 (non GPS) - 100202 or 100203 or 100367 or 100368 (GPS)

Jolly, thanks for the info which I find interesting. If they did have the same problem with the Camry's tested at the dealership it makes one wonder which/what model radio it was. Now I am wondering if the dealership was mistaken when he said that it was Camry's when he meant Corolla's.

Thanks,
Gary

I have the same problem. The option isn't programmed properly and apparently, Toyota hasn't done a good enough job of contacting Fujitsu to get it resolved.

It's not a defective unit, just sloppy, lazy programming. You would think that the feature is something that would have been tested but apparently not...
That is why this issue is not going to be valid for lemon law purposes. It is likely not a major defect and it does not affect vehicle safety. In fact, it is working exactly as it was programmed even if someone was lazy and thus not a defect. If we keep on this, they will address this sooner than later.

Update to Post #31. The KIROTV "Jessie Jones show" out of Seattle investigative personnel met with me on Friday, July 3rd at 11:00 AM as previously scheduled. This was our first meeting in regards to them investigating my complaint to them following my on-line complaint regarding my experience with my Toyota Corolla S premium /GPS defect. Both the reporter and the teams camera person arrived at my residence to initiate the investigation. I must say that they were professional and very proficient. As I was sitting in my living the room with the camera filming me the reporter asked my name and could I please explain what brought about my complaint. I explained with all honesty the problems of the radio/GPS model 100150 regarding the radio and GPS talking at the same time. I explained that this was what I suspect to be a software issue and that my dealership also suspect that it is a software issue. I explained that my filing complaints with Toyota Motor Sales were being brushed aside as they stated, "the radio/GPS was designed that way". I also explained that this was a problem that cannot be solved by the Toyota Dealership but, must be resolved by Toyota Motor Sales in conjunction with the radio/GPS manufacturer Fujitsu Ten. The reporter then asked me what I expected out of Toyota. I stated that, "I purchased the vehicle from Toyota and not Fujitsu Ten and it is the responsibility of Toyota manufacturing to resolve the issue. I additionally explained that I felt it was a safety hazard regarding the fact that nobody can listen to two voices, the radio and the GPS, without total confusion. In addition, I also explained that when you select the "apps" followed by "setup" then "voice" and select the "voice prompt interrupt" option there is very minimal if any in the radio/GPS talking over one another. The reporter, camera person and myself then took my vehicle, programed in a route and of course and drove a different way enabling the GPS to give more commands so the investigative team could experience the defect. The camera person filmed and recorded the GPS as it was speaking and of course the radio was talking at the same time. We then stopped the vehicle and initiated the "voice prompt interrupt" function and proceeded to drive the vehicle again while again, the GPS was filmed and recorded. The reporter sitting in the rear of the vehicle with her head close to the speaker stated, "the GPS was easier to understand with her head nearer the speaker". However, the camera person sitting up front with me found the radio/GPS talking over each other to be confusing to say the least. We finished our GPS route and returned to my residence and ended the interview. Prior to leaving reporter stated that she had already contacted Toyota Motor Sales USA and questioned them regarding the problem with the radio/GPS unit. Upon leaving, she stated that they will be investigating it further with Toyota Motor Sales USA.

So, let all of us keep our fingers crossed and hope we see Toyota take the initiative to resolve this issue soon to say the least.

Thanks,

Gary

Great job Gary. I received my call back from Malika, the Toyota contact that I got the case number from, and she said that her investigation shows that the radio works as designed. I agreed with her that it does work as designed but it was designed wrong and needs to be fixed. She said Toyota has no plans to change anything. I then asked if she expects me to believe that Toyota purposely designed the unit to have garbled and unintelligible speech. She said no but it works as designed. I answered that if it has garbled speech then they did design it that way and that is the problem. She said this closes the case number. I will wait 1 or 2 days then go to a different dealer and see if I can get them to check it so I can have 4 reports. Actually I believe I do have 4 reports but the first one was somewhat vague so I watn to be sure. After that I can take the lemon law route. In California I need 2 reports for any safety problem or 4 reports for any other problem. Hard to believe that Toyota wont stand behind their product. I guess that's why they got fined 1.5 billion dollars for the stuck throttle problem. They refused to report the defect to the government, maybe I should have learned then. One other thing, I think we can report this to NHTSA, I'll need to check on that.

Thanks and keep in touch, this isn't done yet.
Charlie

Charlie, the story and dance you got from Toyota is probably the same story told to everyone that has ever complained to them about the radio/GPS problem. Please post if you have another dealership even accept to look at your vehicle for the GPS problem and provide you with a written work order, and their comments.
Thanks,
Gary

Charlie, I took my Corolla in this morning to a different dealership. After they checked me in the service person was reviewing the previous service records and stated, "I noticed that you have had the vehicle in before for the same problem." I told him that yes I had and he replied that after reading the information on the previous records that there is nothing they could do as it appears that it is a factory problem. I agreed with him and he then had the head mechanic come and talk to me. The mechanic read it and stated that they would love to help me however, there is nothing the dealership can do as it is definitely a manufacturing problem. He also stated that the dealerships need to work with the factory rep in our areas and work the problem out with the factory. I told him that would be real nice but, appears nothing is being done. I left as they would not give me a service report as they wouldn't touch my car.

Thanks,

Gary

Ref. Post #17

Today I received a letter from Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS) in response to my certified letter requesting that Toyota repurchase my vehicle under the guidelines of the Washington State Lemon Law. In their letter, TMS stated that they have forwarded my certified letter on to their Portland Regional Office for investigation and response. In the mean time, TMS stated they will compile their records on this matter. TMS additionally stated that depending on the underlying facts, they may want to conduct an inspection of my vehicle. Today, I was contacted by the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they requested I bring my vehicle in to their dealership to conduct a vehicle inspection on July 23.

Just to keep everyone informed
Gary

Hi all. New member here. Just to let everyone know, I have a 2018 Toyota Corolla XSE with the Entune Premium with Navigation and the App Suite. I'm having the same problem with my 2018 4 years after your complaints began. I've been a Toyota person for about 30 years. This is my second Corolla, and purchased a 2019 with Entune (basic), also have a Tundra, had a Tacoma, and a pickup; did i mention the Sienna? I recently had problems with the service I was getting at my local dealership on my older Corolla. Had the car there 9 times to fix some dash warning lights coming on. After somewhere close to $4,000 later (and nearly) 3 months and at least 9 visits, they finally fixed it. Toyota Motor Sales was of 'absolutely zero help' in solving my problem or refunding any of my money. After spending in the ballpark of $25,000 on the XSE and running into these problems with the infotainment.?.? I mean this is the 'Premium.' It's the best Toyota has to offer and imho, it's right up there with the help I received when i needed Toyota Motor Sales to step up. My next vehicle will likely NOT be a Toyota, because I feel they no longer care about the customer from the local dealer all the way to the top. See you (over on the Honda Forum).