Turbo kit cross-compatibility 2018 corolla le

I have a 2018 corolla le (i didn't choose it but I'm stuck with it) and was looking into a turbo kit. The only reputable one I could find was the one on turbokits's website that everybody seems to reccomend. Since its only rated for use in the 2009-2013 model years, could i use it on mine since it uses the same engine? And while I'm at it how much power can the stock internals and CVT take? -Thanks

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Turbokits has said that a few people with 11th gen's have made their turbo kit work on the 11th gen with small modifications (most likely modified piping). Most people who have the turbo are able to make about 8-10 psi of boost just fine on their stock internals (about 230-250 whp). The 2ZR can definitely take a bit more with stock internals as well. However, I think one company who has boosted a 11th gen with a CVT said that the CVT could take 5 psi of boost just fine. Doesn't mean any more will damage the CVT but I haven't heard of anyone with more psi on the CVT.

CD205F8F-8D17-4425-86A3-30EA289EFA63.jpeg I had similar reservations when I bought my Corolla. It’s was only supposed to be a second car.
I had economy and reliability in mind. Cheap on fuel, maintenance, insurance, etc.
Little did I know, that this would be a great car to mod!
Corolla has a lot of history and is one of the longest, if not THE longest, running production cars in history.
So when you say you’re “stuck with it”, I say congratulations!
It may be slow, but there are ways to make it more responsive. It already handles really well, but that can be vastly improved upon. And, it’s a really good looking ride!
This is what I’ve transformed mine into, still a second car, it’s a 2014 LE with 18,209 miles.
Back to your question...
Once I’m paid off, you bet I’m gonna put a turbo on it!
8 psi on a CVT seems to be the sweet spot.

Turbokits has said that a few people with 11th gen's have made their turbo kit work on the 11th gen with small modifications (most likely modified piping). Most people who have the turbo are able to make about 8-10 psi of boost just fine on their stock internals (about 230-250 whp). The 2ZR can definitely take a bit more with stock internals as well. However, I think one company who has boosted a 11th gen with a CVT said that the CVT could take 5 psi of boost just fine. Doesn't mean any more will damage the CVT but I haven't heard of anyone with more psi on the CVT.
Great to know, thanks alot!

View attachment 3672 I had similar reservations when I bought my Corolla. It’s was only supposed to be a second car.
I had economy and reliability in mind. Cheap on fuel, maintenance, insurance, etc.
Corolla has a lot of history and is one of the longest, if not THE longest, running production cars in history.
It may be slow, but there are ways to make it more responsive. It already handles really well, but that can be vastly improved upon. And, it’s a really good looking ride!
This is what I’ve transformed mine into, still a second car, it’s a 2014 LE with 18,209 miles.
Back to your question...
Wow! Guess you're right about its potential! Thanks for the reply!

View attachment 3672 I had similar reservations when I bought my Corolla. It’s was only supposed to be a second car.
Back to your question...
Just on a side note is 8 psi as high as you would go or is that just the best balance of power and reliability ect on the CVT?

Just on a side note is 8 psi as high as you would go or is that just the best balance of power and reliability ect on the CVT?
There are several Corolla’s running 8 psi on a CVT and so far, there has been no reported issues. I don’t have any links or concrete evidence other than through the grapevine.
I need to research more myself.

I have the turbokits.com system on my 2009 Corolla. The kit is amazing and you can have it tuned any way that you want for power. I've got mine tuned at 8.6 psi but if you want to only tune it for 6 psi you could. Remember that the max boost psi is just that, a maximum that may rarely be needed or used. The changes for the 11th Gen Corolla will be the piping for intercooler but all the parts will bolt right on.

I have the turbokits.com system on my 2009 Corolla. The kit is amazing and you can have it tuned any way that you want for power. I've got mine tuned at 8.6 psi but if you want to only tune it for 6 psi you could. Remember that the max boost psi is just that, a maximum that may rarely be needed or used. The changes for the 11th Gen Corolla will be the piping for intercooler but all the parts will bolt right on.
i emailed them a while back and they said the piggyback harness and tune wouldn't work either.

i emailed them a while back and they said the piggyback harness and tune wouldn't work either.
The piggyback harness won't work as you would have to have it worked in directly vs using the plug n play harness. There are other piggyback ECU's that could also be used as others have made it work. You could drive the car off boost which is pretty easy to the tuner and let him do the tune and you would be set.

Great, thanks!

The piggyback harness won't work as you would have to have it worked in directly vs using the plug n play harness. There are other piggyback ECU's that could also be used as others have made it work. You could drive the car off boost which is pretty easy to the tuner and let him do the tune and you would be set.
yea just thought id say it here tho. im using the fic6 on my turbod tacoma actually

There are several Corolla’s running 8 psi on a CVT and so far, there has been no reported issues. I don’t have any links or concrete evidence other than through the grapevine.
I need to research more myself.
There is a guy in Florida that boosted his CVT at the time only 5PSI. Trying to relocate his contact info! also have you had any luck with your search?