Tweeters

i saw a post here asking some questions about replacing the teeeters, but now I can't find it. Anyways, I have replaced my tweets twice now. First installed some Kenwoods but they were slightly larger than the factory housing. Replaced them with Kicker 3/4" silk dome's. They both sound great but the Kickers fit better.

Attachments

I mean power wise, since the stock radio doesnt put out much wattage compared to a aftermarket. Not sure how well it would power the speakers

I mean power wise, since the stock radio doesnt put out much wattage compared to a aftermarket. Not sure how well it would power the speakers
This is how it all started for me. Lol!
I'm now upgrading my upgrades. Switched to component speakers in the doors, I had 3-ways. About to remove 6x9's from the back and put in components. And, about to add another 12" sub!
Unless you add some amps, upgrading your factory speakers will not make any difference. It may even sound worse.
I'm sure someone is going to disagree with me here.

Yeah I had the exact same problem with my last car. First I had a 12" sub put in, then by the time I sold the car I ended up having a touch screen radio, infinity door speakers and tweeters with a amp powering the speakers. It's a money pit, just have to be careful!

I have 6 Rockford Fosgate t1ts tweeters in my car, 2 where the stock ones used to be, 2 on the seat belt pillars above Driver and passenger heads, 2 more on the back pillars above both back passenger heads running on stock HU and no amp, loud, crisp, and clear. Also 2 15" american bass XO wired 1ohm, 3,000 watt amp planet audio tuned at somewhere in the low 30hz area, personally I feel I'm at 140 DB but haven't checked due to the decline in amateur challenges sponsored events

Just installed these Kenwood tweeters in the C pilar covers. There's enough room, but be careful about placement. These are part of a component set that I bought. Waiting on adapters from Car-Speaker-Adapters .com
to install the 6-1/2" round mids in the rear deck lid. I have Kenwood 6x9's in there now, but they're base models.

Attachments

This is how it all started for me. Lol!
I'm now upgrading my upgrades. Switched to component speakers in the doors, I had 3-ways. About to remove 6x9's from the back and put in components. And, about to add another 12" sub!
Unless you add some amps, upgrading your factory speakers will not make any difference. It may even sound worse.
I'm sure someone is going to disagree with me here.
What amps do you suggest?...and where did you mount it? I do not have a sub; the amp would be used solely to get more bump out of my speakers and later I may add a sub....how many channels is your amp?

I have a 4 channel amp that powers the speakers in the factory location and a 2 channel for my subs.
Both of mine are Kickers but I was using Kenwood’s at first.
I mounted mine to the speaker box. Hated to do this but better the box than drilling holes the car. IMO

I have a 4 channel amp that powers the speakers in the factory location and a 2 channel for my subs.
Both of mine are Kickers but I was using Kenwood’s at first.
I mounted mine to the speaker box. Hated to do this but better the box than drilling holes the car. IMO
BRO!!!! i replied too early // you changed the game with the bass knob and lit cup holders!

the high level inputs into some amplifiers are a great way to go.

You also have processor choices you can use to reset the playing field without ditching the OEM source.

You can take the system to top level sound quality with nice a processor.

I like the amps, very nice stuff there!

I had a set of older JBL titanium tweeters from many years ago, and that drove my install.
I basically recreated the jbl 4406 studio monitors into my car. I made my own passive crossovers using better capacitors, and inductors, prepped the doors with mat and foam. The 6.5” drivers are some jbl units with phase plugs added.

The amp is an old Nakamichi PA300ii that I found on Craigslist. I went through the amp and replaced some of the parts inside to suit my liking, turned up the bias a bit too, uses 3 amps at idle. A fan was installed on a bracket to keep it from melting down.

The head unit went into surgery as well, adding some Burson discrete op amps and improved capacitors in the power supplies. The main power to the head unit was re-routed from a quieter source than it had been. Also added some filtering for the supply to the amp.

Pretty pleased with it, is very stealthy, with no visual cues to anything but a stock setup.

I've exact problem at sound system at existing car. Now i am thinking to do new set up of speaker. If it's not work well then I wanna sale this one as it's very much disturbing!