TWM Short Shifter

F3844731-C80D-4009-B536-7DFB7C6BBC28.jpeg 6A7BCD41-0E1B-4790-8FBD-7B8DB03B278B.jpeg
The short shifter (6speed manual) is a pain in the butt to install if you don’t have the right tools. I recommend using a grinder for the push nut, as does TWM. Or you can do what I did, struggle with a screwdriver for an hour, mess up the plastic base and finally drill a bunch of holes with an 1/8th inch bit and struggle some more till it finally pops off. Everything else was fairly easy to remove and install. Keep the zip tie that’s supplied in the kit for another job, you’ll want an 8” one instead as the small one in the kit is too small and a massive pain in the but.
I’ll admit once everything was installed, I felt like I’d been cheated out of $267 and some change. Yeah it was stiffer and slightly shorter but not that much better! Then I took it for a test drive... way better than stock and I highly recommend getting one! Or at least upgrade the base bushings in the very least. But this upgrade is definitely worth it! Still wish it was a shorter shift than what it is but I’m very happy with the product! BF8D583A-1587-432B-8251-D8768D82729D.jpeg
The other side of the red circle on the shifter holder pin is what will need to be cut off(if using a cutting wheel, make sure you’ve got something to catch sparks). This kit comes with directions, which makes installation much easier. I highly recommend it and you won’t understand how great of an upgrade it is till you have one installed and drive around with it.
I purchased mine from MWR. They charge shipping and don’t charge tax. The kit came with everything except a shift knob. Your price will vary due to shipping.