Two Things

I am a new Corolla owner. I bought a 2010 LE last summer. I love the car, can't complain as far as affordability and reliability. I do have a couple questions though.

Vibration in the door: I have this vibration in my driver door when the radio is on. I listen to Howard Stern mostly so I am not banging the bass or anything. I have the bass set on 0. But when the bass does hit, there is this vibrating that occurs that is driving me nuts. It seems to be the door handle bar inside the panel but not sure. Anyone else have this problem?

Second, the windshield wipers! Do you find the passenger wiper lacking coverage and he driver one has a continuous squeak?

I am curious if anyone else is having these quirky tics that I am. My most annoying one is the vibration in the door. I am wondering if I have to take the panel apart and wrap the coop opening bar with foam padding or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated also.

I have a lot of miles on my car for a 2010 ten also. Very willing to be active in the community and let you know what repairs I have done and so fourth. I do all my own maintenance as well so I will have experience and pointers thus far and as time goes on.

Thanks in advance fellow Corolla drivers!!

as far as the door the hardware could be checked to make sure it is all fastened securely. as far as the wipers, have you replaced the blades? if not then I would start there and buy a new set

I am actually on my 3rd set of blades since the summer. The set I have on now are Bosch and cost me $40 bucks for the pair. They clean perfectly and swipe smooth as could be, just on the way down, the driver one is always squeaking. I am baffled!!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Blades do not last forever, acid rain eats them, pitted windows tears them and so on..

Spring/fall and I used to change them out no matter what, Elements, the sun cold also wears them out, and the longest we gone, three years no streaks,, keep a clean windshield. no correct cleaners, some vinegar will get the glass real clean.

For the speaker. door always opens and closes must have loosened something, will be a long project isolating the vibration, speaker can be blown, or something loose good luck.

Yes I mentioned it as well.

the trick in cleaning a windshield is simple and before going that step and having your car smell foul, try using certain cleaners.

Last edited by a moderator: