Upgrading a 2013 Corolla L Radio

I've just purchased an L-class Corolla (picking it up tomorrow), and I'm planning on upgrading the radio.

It does the basics (MP3, Bluetooth phone paring, etc.) but I'd like to get the touchscreen radio that comes standard on the LE-S models.

I know it can be installed, so I was wondering if anyone knew how complicated that would be with getting the new dashboard and radio itself; I'm actually pretty technically adept so I was contemplating doing it myself.

My question is: how hard would it be to get the new dashboard panel, and if I really wanted to go crazy what's the most advanced Toyota OEM touchscreen system I could put in there? I wouldn't say no to GPS/Satellite radio or other advanced options.

Thanks!

I'm in almost the same boat. I bought the base model, but they let me drive a Corolla S for a day until mine was ready. That one had the touchscreen, bluetooth, system. I'm pretty sure that center portion of the dash is the same in both models, so I'm trying to find the touchscreen deck (used or new) to replace it with.

Let us know how it goes for you!

I've just purchased an L-class Corolla (picking it up tomorrow), and I'm planning on upgrading the radio.

It does the basics (MP3, Bluetooth phone paring, etc.) but I'd like to get the touchscreen radio that comes standard on the LE-S models.

I know it can be installed, so I was wondering if anyone knew how complicated that would be with getting the new dashboard and radio itself; I'm actually pretty technically adept so I was contemplating doing it myself.

My question is: how hard would it be to get the new dashboard panel, and if I really wanted to go crazy what's the most advanced Toyota OEM touchscreen system I could put in there? I wouldn't say no to GPS/Satellite radio or other advanced options.

Thanks!
I thought I'd throw in my two cents worth. You might want to get a hold of the shop manual for your car. Changing out the physical head unit will probably be straight forward, but the connectors will more than likely be different, so that could post a compatibility issue. Also, if the new touch screen head unit adds satellite radio, and navigation, you'll more than likely have to add additional wiring, and antennas/receivers to your car. From reading your post, it seems like you might already be aware of this, but I just thought I'd put it out there anyway.