USB Port/Shifting Problems

I have a 2014 Corolla LE and I love it. However, I have one small problem. I smoke E-Cigs, and I plugged my e-cig in the USB port to charge. I was driving at the time and when I got to where I was going, I parked it and went to put it in park and it would not go into park at all. I thought it was weird, thought well maybe I'll back up and drive forward and try to put it into park. It didn't work. Then I decided I would turn the car off and restart the car. Well, I have driven stick for years and this was my first automatic and forgot that it doesn't start if it is not in park. Well then I started to panic. I went to call my husband and saw the e-cig plugged in and thought well maybe that was the problem, but didn't see how it could so I unplugged it and it went into park. I called the service department at the dealership where I got it and they were confused. They never heard of that happening. One of the service techs there said that they had a 2014 corolla come in with the same problem however it wouldn't go out of park and wanted me to bring it in to check the shift cable. Said it had nothing to do with the USB port. I brought it in and it was fine. Nothing wrong and they couldn't find the problem. I left and when I got to work, I thought I would try the e-cig again in the USB and I got the same problem. I couldn't put it into park with it plugged in. Has anybody heard of this or had this happen? Any explanations? It's not a big deal and I just won't use it to charge the e-cig, but just curious as to what it could be. I didn't have my USB cord for my phone to see if it does it with that, but will definitely try it tomorrow.