vleds

Does anyone have any experience with using vleds? Do we need 4 single load resistors or 2 dual load resistors? Any cutting or splicing involved?
I want plug in type stuff. I absolutely hate cutting factory wiring! I don't even like to T tap wiring.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I've never bought anything from VLEDs though. I have replaced every bulb in the entire car with LEDs other than the headlights of course which are already LED, fog lights (I replaced them with yellow halogens), and high beams (I replaced them with philips crystalvision ultra halogens). For the turn signals, other than the side mirror signals, which I'll be uploading that tutorial shortly and don't require load resistors, I had to install load resistors on all main 4 turn signals. Those cheapo T taps suck so I just removed the insulation from the factory wire, twisted the load resistor wire around it, and after testing that all was well, I soldered it on and wrapped everything up in electrical tape. Be sure to fasten the load resistors to something metal because of course, all the load resistors do is convert electricity into heat essentially, so they get very hot. Use the car's metal like a heatsink.
Here are the products I used:
Front switchback LEDs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YDN4NQW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rear LEDs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WVZV074/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Load Resistors https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L4V9ECY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another question:
Let's say I have all LED's and load resistors installed. No hyper flash under normal circumstances. If I were to remove one of the LED's, would the car respond the same way as if I had just removed a bulb?

Another question:
Let's say I have all LED's and load resistors installed. No hyper flash under normal circumstances. If I were to remove one of the LED's, would the car respond the same way as if I had just removed a bulb?
No, if you install the load resistors, the lights which you installed them on will never hyperflash anymore. Not even if the bulb is fully removed. This means you should check your bulbs regularly although, its a good idea to check them anyway. With the load resistors installed, the car won't even know if a bulb is removed because the resistance is being kept within the usual range. You only need the resistors for the front and rear turn signals though. LED tail lights, side markers, backup lights, etc etc don't need them because they don't hyperflash of course. Even the mirror turn signals don't need resistors for some reason.

Great information everyone, thank you!
So other than the looks, there is no practical reason for having LED turn signals. Lol
So let me get this straight, you end up adding all this additional equipment that has weight and makes heat, only to look good?

Pffffffttt, I'm in!

I really only want the vled load resistors. They just look cool.
But I will probably go with a less expensive LED.

Great information everyone, thank you!
So other than the looks, there is no practical reason for having LED turn signals. Lol
So let me get this straight, you end up adding all this additional equipment that has weight and makes heat, only to look good?

Pffffffttt, I'm in!

I really only want the vled load resistors. They just look cool.
But I will probably go with a less expensive LED.
Yeah it's just for looks, and it's totally a matter of opinion, but I personally feel that LED indicators with the instant on/off give the car a more modern and luxurious look. And it pleases my OCD :) That's just me though. It's all a matter of personal taste how you want to style your own vehicle. The switchback front turn signal LEDs greatly enhance the look in my opinion. They're white, the same white as the headlights, when being used along with the headlights, but when the turn indicator is switched on, it flashes orange and off, so you get the good looks of LED turn signals, along with a white light in the front instead of the gross looking amber that just makes the car look cheap in my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YDN4NQW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I subscribed to your YouTube channel!
Looks like you need a recent video though!! Lol
Thanks for that. I am working on a few things, I got my 3D printer up and running so that will help a lot. Ive been busier and busier at work lately, before I would work M-F 10-5, now its M-F 8:30-5, and sometimes weekends. I will have some amazing new stuff coming. Stay...tuned...

Thanks for that. I am working on a few things, I got my 3D printer up and running so that will help a lot. Ive been busier and busier at work lately, before I would work M-F 10-5, now its M-F 8:30-5, and sometimes weekends. I will have some amazing new stuff coming. Stay...tuned...
Still waiting...

Yeah it's just for looks, and it's totally a matter of opinion, but I personally feel that LED indicators with the instant on/off give the car a more modern and luxurious look. And it pleases my OCD :) That's just me though. It's all a matter of personal taste how you want to style your own vehicle. The switchback front turn signal LEDs greatly enhance the look in my opinion. They're white, the same white as the headlights, when being used along with the headlights, but when the turn indicator is switched on, it flashes orange and off, so you get the good looks of LED turn signals, along with a white light in the front instead of the gross looking amber that just makes the car look cheap in my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YDN4NQW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So did you ever get the switchbacks working correctly?
I have some extra $$ and thinking about finishing my LED conversion. Front turn signals are the last of the incandescents.

So did you ever get the switchbacks working correctly?
I have some extra $$ and thinking about finishing my LED conversion. Front turn signals are the last of the incandescents.
They work pretty well, just not perfectly. That's because for them to fit the switchback circuitry inside the bulb, it's slightly oversized so its not in the ideal spot in the reflective housing. This makes it a little hard to see during daylight, but at night it looks amazing. I'll take a vid when I get a chance.